Board logo

標題: Wholesale Jerseys the hammer [打印本頁]

作者: LlzmjJ1r    時間: 2018-6-25 12:35     標題: Wholesale Jerseys the hammer

By Fareeza HaniffStaff Writer(BVI Platinum News) Vernon Anthony Paddy, who recently pleaded guilty to the offence of causing grievous bodily harm to his wife, Deslyn Paddy, by beating her with a hammer, stood up in the High Court here last Friday and apologized to his wife.In the presence of his wife and the Judge,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, Justice Indra Hariprashad–Charles, 48–year–old Paddy, a Guyanese National said, “I apologize to the victim and her family and my family and friends. I was provoked by anger and during my provocations; anger took the better part of me. I lost balance and focus with what was going on and for that I have to pay with the rest of my life. I have four sons…if I’m given the opportunity to be there for them, I will be there to ensure they don’t walk in my footsteps.”His sentencing hearing was held on Friday, last, and the Judge is expected to make her decision on March 25.Paddy, who is a former BVI Airport Authority security guard, was initially charged with attempted murder, following allegations that he threatened to kill his wife before inflicting multiple blows with a hammer. However, the charge was dropped to causing grievous bodily harm.At his sentencing hearing Crown Counsel, Jude Hanley told the court that Paddy and his wife has been married for nine years, prior to the incident which occurred on May 25, 2010. The attack caused the victim to spend eight days at the Peebles Hospital.Hanley said that the aggravating factors in the case include the use of a weapon (the hammer); the seriousness of the offence, a premeditated act; the victim is fearful for her life, her injuries are grave,Cheap NFL Jerseys, it was a prolonged assault since it began in the bedroom and ended at the exit door, abuse of trust and power and the fact that the victim still suffers pain in her foot.The man’s lawyer, Patrick Thompson of McW Todman and Co. Law Firm acknowledged at the outset the seriousness of the offence, and told the court that a custodial sentence is clearly warranted. As such, the lawyer asked for the sentence to be in the region of 4 to 6 years.The lawyer also asked the Judge not to be swayed by emotions when sentencing his client. According to Thompson,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, his client has been residing in the BVI since 1998 without any convictions.As it relates to the victim’s injuries,Wholesale Jerseys China, the lawyer explained that the police medical examination form confirms that there is no evidence indicating that the victim sustained any skull fractures. Thompson added that the doctor confirmed that there were multiple lacerations to her head. The lawyer asked the court to bear in mind the actual injuries. Paddy remains on remand.The facts of the case state that on May 25, 2010 around 10:15 p.m., Inspector Jones telephoned the Road Town Police Station stating that he had Paddy in custody at his [Jones’] home for beating his wife with a hammer.When officers arrived on the scene about 10:23 p.m. they saw Paddy sitting on a rock.? When investigating officer Fraser told Paddy about the report, he responded, ‘‘Fraser you know what is frustration?”When officers met Mrs. Paddy inside the couple?s apartment,NFL Jerseys Wholesale, she was wearing a white tights and a green towel covering her lower body with what appeared to be blood running down her face, leg and right arm.She was crying at the time and stated that she was in pain. The officer also noticed that the woman?s right leg and jaw were swollen.Mrs. Paddy told police that she and her husband had an argument because of a phone call she received earlier that night. She said that her husband had threatened her all week.She also told police that her husband then left the bedroom and returned with his right hand behind his back. He then approached her and started to hit her about her body and face with a hammer.According to the prosecution, Mrs. Paddy then managed to escape through the back door where she was rescued by Inspector Jones.At the scene,Cheap Jerseys Wholesale, officers observed a pool of blood at the stairway and door. Police officers also found a 14-inch hammer on the ground.

歡迎光臨 JCLUB建设论坛 (http://gda111.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0