Board logo

標題: Cheap Jerseys From China DDL [打印本頁]

作者: LlzmjJ1r    時間: 2017-12-2 02:00     標題: Cheap Jerseys From China DDL

By Kiana WilburgMr. Komal Samaroo, a happily married father of four has been having a long and satisfying affair. It is one with the beverage and rum producing giant –Demerara Distillers Limited (DDL).Samaroo has served the company as Managing Director for 30 years and working behind the scene on theKomal Samaroo, Chairman of the Demerara Distillers Limitedinternational market has given him the scope to develop his own concoction for success. It is a trade he shares a wonderful relationship with. And his undying love and loyalty to the industry and his job has earned him the position as the New Chairman of DDL which was held by 85-year-old, international business guru, Dr. Yesu Persaud for more than 35 years. The connoisseur of great rums had expressed that whilst Samaroo may not be the most conspicuous member of the company,Authentic China Jerseys, his contribution is most certainly invaluable.What is particularly special about Samaroo is his ability to make a Guyanese product one of the leading brands in the foreign markets.The rum industry essentially depends on molasses and as Guyana witnesses the grappling decline of the ailing sugar industry, Samaroo has taken the necessary precautions and has brought to the table his own contingency plan.In an exclusive interview with this publication, we learn about the man now holding the mantle given to him by Dr. Persaud. As he prepares to pilot new strategies and plans for greater development, he discloses his concerns about the possible effects of Guyana’s blacklisting status on their international markets as well as his take on the sugar industry.EducationSamaroo said he was naturally attracted to the science field as a student of Cummings Lodge Secondary. But after graduating, he realized that the business field was the only avenue at the time that allowed him to work and further his career in the evenings.“When I got out of school, I got a job in business. I joined the Bookers Rum Company in 1969. I worked in the day and studied in evenings for the Institute of Chartered Secretaries Exams and then I did the accountancy exams; the Chartered Association of Certified Accountants which I completed in 1977. While I was doing that, I was working. I started in the bottling plant and then moved to the accounting department a year and a half afterwards. After moving through several positions I became Group Chief Accountant in 1977, Finance Director in 1979 and Managing Director in 1984. As Managing Director,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, I was responsible for developing corporate strategies.”“Bookers Rum Company really evolved out of the need for bulk rum by companies in the United Kingdom (UK) and Europe and they were bottling it under their own label while we were basically producing, putting it in barrels and shipping it to them. However, we were trading under what was called the Lom? Convention which was a trade arrangement which allowed African, Caribbean and Pacific (ACP) countries to have duty free access to the European Market. But by the time I became director, it was clear that those arrangements were not going to last. The world was moving towards global free trade and these preferential trade agreements were coming to an end.”Managing family life & Business“Managing family life and business is very challenging,” expressed the Chairman. He added, “Dealing with a job that requires you to be travelling and a family that requires your attention is difficult and I think it is important to get the family on board and to get them to understand that while there are competing interests,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, they need to share in your goals.”Moreover, “In the mid 1970’s, the nationalization of Bookers was announced and that was a bit disheartening for me at first because my career was at the initial stage of take off with this company.” However, that period was filled with uncertainty and by that time, Persaud was announced Chairman of DDL and he brought a very definite business perspectiveThe Eldorado Rumswhich I thought provided opportunities for me. Eventually when I got on board I was given the opportunity to go to the United Kingdom and complete the final part of my exam in 1977 and when I returned I was appointed the Group Chief Accountant and then Group Finance Director in 1979.? With those roles I was given the scope to help chart the course for the company and that gave me a lot of satisfaction. I was instrumental in preparing feasibility studies for a number of major projects and so I would say that I derived much professional satisfaction as it relates to helping in creating what the company is today.”The North American MarketTaking a Guyanese product and making it the most popular in a foreign market is no easy feat. “When we developed our brands we tried to market it throug

歡迎光臨 JCLUB建设论坛 (http://gda111.freebbs.tw/) Powered by Discuz! 5.0.0