爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2389
用戶失蹤天數 2097
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-8 22:47 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Society has over the years not been too kind to the phenomenon of teenage pregnancy,Authentic Jerseys Wholesale, so much so that some young girls have been subjected to rejection, leading to them having an insecure existence.In fact according to Indra Austin it wasn’t only the society at large that made her feel like an outcast, but even the young man who impregnated her offered no support.The petite 15-year-old yesterday told a concise but very clear story of her teenage pregnancy experience during a forum held at the Regency Suites/Hotel, Hadfield Street,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, Georgetown. The occasion was the local launch of the United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA)’s State of the World Population Report 2013.UNFPA’s Ms Patrice La Fleur embraces Tyrrell-Hunte (left) and Indra Austin.The Report was first launched around the world on October 30 last.? In order to embrace the theme, “Motherhood in childhood: Facing the challenge of adolescent,” Austin was tasked with sharing her experience as a teenage mother. Her daughter,cheap jerseys, Shivanie, is one-year-old.According to Austin, her life was indicative of “motherhood in childhood.? I was a child when I faced the challenges of adolescent pregnancy…” She disclosed how she was forced to drop out of school at the age of 14 because of her pregnancy and even encouraged to do an abortion.However, her decision to refuse an abortion saw Austin being treated as an outcast throughout pregnancy.? The situation became worse after she delivered her baby.? “I had no financial support from my partner…I was disrespected,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys, ill-treated and abused by my partner,” Austin told an attentive gathering made up of primarily students of the Central High, Brickdam and Saint Stanislaus Secondary Schools.Austin explained that it was during a routine visit to the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation that she was referred to the Women Across Differences? (WAD) organisationShe disclosed that even when many in society rejected her after she became pregnant, she got support from WAD,holesale Soccer Jerseys, a local body which is supported by UNFPA to offer a comprehensive empowerment programme for adolescent mothers.The young woman recounted that when she started the programme, she was reluctant but was soon comforted as she not only felt safe and supported but was also respected and loved. She disclosed that the guidance and encouragement she received helped her make better choices for her life. She recalled that before joining the group she was more of an introvert but was proud to relate yesterday that she is in a better position to take charge of her own life.? Austin disclosed how she was able to muster enough courage to confront her partner and firmly informed him that she was not prepared to be abused any longer. Not only was she able to benefit from educational development but Austin now has respect for herself and is confident that she has a bright future.Meanwhile, Tiffiney Tyrrell-Hunte is living her bright future because of her engagement with WAD. The 23-year-old who also shared her touching story yesterday recalled how at the age of 17 she was already the mother of two boys. She had to work two jobs to make ends meet and disclosed how she had no parental support. She confessed that if it wasn’t for the support of the programme she probably would have been a mother to five, or more children, struggling to survive.Tyrrell-Hunte’s involvement in the programme helped her to learn how to become a better person and she is now more inclined to stand up for her rights. “Because I am so empowered I can communicate better with my partner…I was able to let him know why it is important to use family planning…”Tyrrell-Hunte and her partner tied the blissful wedding knot last May. The two are proud parents to one son having lost the other when he was 17 months old.She has been able to complete a number of edifying classes and is on her way to completing a degree at the University of Guyana. “Because of how society treated me as a teen mother, I am extremely proud of myself today because I would have never thought that I could have gone back to school and be successful,” asserted a confident Tyrrell-Hunte.According to Minister of Health, Dr Bheri Ramsaran, Austin and Tyrrell-Hunte, are two heroines who must be duly applauded.Alluding to the fact that teenage pregnancy is a complex issue, the Health Minister noted that it is certainly not limited to health but rather is a developmental issue.? “Every time a teenager gets pregnant unplanned…her future is jeopardised; education for example becomes a challenge because most often such a young women comes from