爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2387
用戶失蹤天數 2094
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-9 00:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Ralph SeeramOne of the uncomfortable truths in Guyana, is that people, especially politicians have not seriously made efforts to remedy the situation for either of the two. Politicians talk about racial unity, but it is just that talk. If you ask the country’s leading politicians what personal efforts they have made towards racial unity and racial voting you will find them struggling to give a constructive answer,China Jerseys Free Shipping, especially when it comes to racial voting.The fact is that racial voting is very distinctive from racial unity. There is more racial unity in Guyana than politicians are willing to accept.If you listen to what is coming out from the mouths of the PNC-led APNU and the AFC leaders about their recent hurried “wedding” you can get the impression that they made a giant leap in racial unity and racial voting.Nothing can be further from the truth. You can have racial voting without racial unity and vice versa; you can still have racial unity and people will still engage in racial voting.APNU/PNC and the AFC are trying to confuse the Guyanese people by implying their “wedding” achieves both.Don’t get me wrong. The PPP peddles the same nonsense. But it is my view that this merger between APNU and the AFC is appealing to, if not perpetuating racial voting. If you examine the motives of this merger it is appealing to racial voting to vote the PPP out of office.I know some of you readers are wondering what he is talking about. I am not looking at this issue as a Sociologist; Sociologists and other scientists deal in theory to a large extent. I prefer the practical approach. I always prefer to take the practical approach, deal in reality. To emphasize my point, the mathematician will tell you if a mother duck and her six ducklings are on one side of the road and the mother crosses over,Stitched Jerseys, in theory six ducklings remain on the other side of the road.A “li’l’ country boy will tell you no duckling, not six, but none. The reality is if the mother crosses the road her ducklings will cross with her.So where am I going with this, and how can I justify what I view as an appeal for racial voting by the “newly wed” APNU/PNC and AFC.As we all know the combined opposition got a little over the 50% mark of the votes in 2011, making the PPP a minority government. Let’s remember that the AFC got a little over 10% of votes cast, about six per cent or so came mainly from Indo Guyanese votes pulled away from the PPP mainly through Moses Nagamootoo’s influence.So how is this merger to defeat the PPP at the May 11th General Elections supposed to work? The assumption is that APNU/PNC will hold on to its percentage gained at the last election mainly from their base which is Afro Guyanese, and the AFC will maintain their votes of 10% or so which I said earlier the majority of which came from disaffected PPP and PNC supporters.Now here is the problem. The PNC has never been able to go beyond its base. So we can fairly assume that it will hold on to its base. The problem is can the AFC which for all intents and purposes is not a separate political party, hold on to those Indian votes?This is where I say the opposition is appealing to racial voting. They are hoping that through AFC Indian leaders like Moses Nagamootoo,Cheap NFL Jerseys, they can draw Indo Guyanese votes because of their ethnicity. The selling point of the AFC to the PNC-led APNU is that it can get the Indian votes to topple the PPP. It’s not getting Indo Guyanese votes based on issues,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, it is solely in my view based on the ethnicity of the AFC leaders to get Indo Guyanese votes. What else does the AFC have to sell?Here is where it gets tricky; here is the catch. Can the AFC deliver those Afro Guyanese votes it got at the last election, who might have been fedup with either the PPP or PNC?Since it’s a two party race where would those vote go now? It could be either the APNU/PNC or to the PPP. No one knows for sure.Then how sure it is that the former PPP voters the AFC gained at the last election will automatically go to the Coalition? They could very well return to the PPP,Cheap Jerseys USA, or stay away, in which event would mean less votes for the merging parties. We can already see the fallout with the AFC in Berbice.Those Berbice votes are crucial to decide who wins the election. It is my view that the AFC will not hold on to those votes.The PPP has won elections because it crossed the race voting threshold, at one time garnering 55% of the electoral votes. Whether it can regain the Parliamentary majority will be based on if voters see their corruption outweighing the progress in the country. The PPP’s weakness i