爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-13 17:13 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– “Condemns spending of state resources during election campaigns in Sri Lanka but brazenly supports it in Guyana”General Secretary of A Partnership for National Unity, Joseph Harmon, is not the least bit surprised byAPNU General Secretary,Wholesale NBA Jerseys, Joseph Harmonthe revelation of Cabinet’s approval of state resources for trips for two members of the People’s Progressive Party/ Civic (PPP/C) to North America. The trip ended up being elections campaigning.He said that the Opposition was aware of this sort of behaviour from the government a while now. “They are only now being caught with their pants down.”Last week, Cabinet Secretary, Dr. Roger Luncheon, was questioned on the approval of monies for a PPP/C delegation to the Diaspora. Two of the officials were PPP/C Prime Ministerial Candidate, Elisabeth Harper and former President Bharrat Jagdeo.? The trips are said to be funded by the Ministry of Tourism at a cost of $2.6M.When asked, Dr. Luncheon said, “You can’t expect that these activities conducted by officials and leading to expenditure of public funds would not be graced by a Cabinet decision. If you ask me, it would be highly improper to spend public funds in that context without a cabinet decision. So it’s a Catch-22 situation. You must have an approval.“If you want to question if the approval was appropriate I don’t believe this is the forum for so doing.”Pressed to give more details, the Head of the Presidential Secretariat said, “I did say that the occasion to respond to that is inappropriate but I will also continue to emphasize that in the context of accountability you have to have an authority to spend the money.“The issue of whether it is an appropriate expenditure might be entertained by the Auditor General,Cheap Jerseys Store,Former President Bharrat JagdeoPublic Accounts Committee and such bodies but at the end of the day you have to have Cabinet approval to spend the government money.”Harmon,holesale Soccer Jerseys, upon being apprised of those comments said that the use of state resources for election purposes by the government is not only unfair but unlawful. The APNU General Secretary said that it is something the opposition has spoken against at length.He added,Cheap China Jerseys, “Jagdeo went to observe elections in Sri Lanka and he said that he condemned the use of state resources for political campaigning there, but he is doing the same thing here.”Harmon said that he is utterly disgusted by Jagdeo’s behaviour in “condemning the spending of state resources…” in one country but brazenly being a part of it in Guyana.”The politician told Kaieteur News on Saturday that not only is the former President shameless,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, given his actions,Cheap Jerseys, but emphasized that “the nation should see him as nothing less than a big hypocrite.”He said that it is for this reason and more that A Partnership for National Unity + Alliance For Change (APNU+AFC) believes that the electorate will reject the message of Jagdeo and that being offered by his other PPP/C followers.The politician continued, “Jagdeo is just a terrible human being. He has said publicly that he will not run for public office and I challenged him about it and told him that you have to include elected offices and no sooner did he make that statement, he is on the list…how can you trust him on or off the platform? This is the caliber of leadership they have there and they have no one else to bring back.”The APNU Executive member said that no complaint was made to the Guyana Election Commission (GECOM) about this abuse of state resources since it is his belief that the entity has no legal authority to prohibit such. He said that it can only make a statement on the matter.