爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 2096
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-15 14:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
From Dale Andrews in New YorkWhen my boss asked me to go to America, I was really excited. After all,Cheap NHL Jerseys, I had never been to the ‘Big Apple’ and the thought of seeing family and friends not seen for years overwhelmed me.These family and friends were excited too. “Dale coming to America?”I was assigned to cover the sentencing of Guyanese drug lord, Roger Khan. Like most Guyanese visiting the USA, I packed my bags with the things I know my countrymen would relish. There was rum, wild meat (iguana and labba), yes,Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic, pointer brooms and believe it or not,China Jerseys Authentic, a few slabs of cheddar cheese. I was loaded.Thankfully, I was able to pass through the Cheddi Jagan International Airport, Timehri?without any fuss. My passage through the United States immigration was also hassle free and I could not help being impressed by the courtesy that was extended to all the passengers by the American immigration staff. This is not to say that the same did not obtain in Guyana. ? ?Instead of my preferred rice, a bowl of chicken foot soup minus the customary provisions greeted me on my arrival at the home of my aunt where I am staying. I cannot wait to get back home.I never got sleep that very night I arrived in the United States. My relatives kept bombarding me with questions about what is happening in Guyana. Although they have all the access to Internet, they still wanted to hear it from someone who is actually involved in covering the news.They wanted to know about Kwame McCoy; they wanted to know about Mark Benschop; they wanted to know about the police in Guyana. They also asked about the reports of massive corruption and the non action by the opposition.They have heard about the position of the government with regards to the decline in advertisements in certain media houses. Most Guyanese with whom I have spoken are still apprehensive about returning to Guyana even on holiday. This is despite the elimination of certain criminal elements who had the country under siege.“Could we go out to parties and go home after midnight without being robbed?” was one of the questions asked by Oswald Harper, a Guyanese living in New York for the past 20 years.They have also noted the silence of President Jagdeo on certain issues.“Even when he was here recently he did not address major issues back home,” another Guyanese informed.I was also questioned about the alleged links that the government has to confessed drug trafficker Roger Khan. My countrymen in New York wanted to know about Dr. Leslie Ramsammy and his reported involvement in the purchase of the spy computer.Most of them with whom I spoke to are not confident that the local police could effectively investigate the operations of the phantom squad.They were quite interested in the recent PNCR elections and not many are happy with the outcome.Danielle Morgan,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, a former Kitty resident now living with her husband and children in Brooklyn, is convinced that Guyana would not get better unless there is a change in the political culture. She is longing to return home but would rather see her sons brought up in the USA than in the country of her birth.“I tell my husband sometimes that he should go back and run for president because the current leaders are useless,” she joked.“I will go back home when all the people now in Guyana leave and a new breed comes up,” she added.Many Guyanese in New York are of the impression that nothing positive is happening in their home country.Even the few foreigners I have met so far here have a negative impression of the country.On Friday myself and Enrico Woolford were engaged in a conversation with some American attorneys. They indicated that they wanted to come to Guyana to obtain character references for their client who is charged with plotting to blow up the JFK International Airport.But what they were hearing about Guyana probably caused them to liken our country to Afghanistan. They asked if they would need bodyguards to move around Guyana. Strange but true.Of course they know about Jonestown. We assured the attorneys that despite what they are hearing, Guyana is a relatively safe place to go, especially with what I’ve been hearing on the local television over here.Everyday since I’ve been here,Wholesale China Jerseys Free Shpping, there has been a police shooting in New York alone. However,2018 Nike Vapor Max Plus, these were said to be justifiable shootings. And it’s not like the Americans hide the bad news. They are reported on but I get the impression that the situation does not drive any