爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2379
用戶失蹤天數 2087
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-16 04:05 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“He is a diplomat,China Jerseys, represents a state, and I can understand that it is in his interest to advance the business of that state he represents. But I also have obligations to the Guyanese population and I represent their interest”By Abena Rockcliffe A Partnership for National Unity (APNU), in response to the US Ambassador’s call for unanimous political support for the US$858M Hydro project, said that there are two interests being brought to the fore. The party’s leader, David Granger indicated that those two interests are that of the United States of America and of Guyana. Granger, in no uncertain terms, said that his interest lies with Guyana and to the people of Guyana.APNU leader, David Granger“He (Ambassador) is a diplomat, represents a state, and I can understand that it is in his interest to advance the business of that state he represents. But I also have obligations to the Guyanese population and I represent their interest …There is the American interest and the Guyanese interest I know where my interest lies.? I am not surprised by his statement; he is a civil servant, paid to do that.”Four days ago, US Ambassador to Guyana, D. Brent Hardt, called for all political parties to meet and for all to support the Amaila Falls Hydro Project. The envoy warned that the country’s attractiveness to investments could be badly damaged with the demise of the Amaila Falls project.A statement by Ambassador Hardt, entitled “Op-Ed on the Amaila Falls and International Investment in Guyana” and issued by the US Embassy, also said that any future investments in the energy sector will make investments riskier and cost more.“While the window to prevent such an occurrence is small and closing fast,NFL Jerseys Cheap, we call on all political parties to come together in the national interest to support a project that all parties have long agreed is necessary to boost Guyana’s competitiveness and improve the lives of its people with less expensive and more reliable energy,” the Ambassador said.At an APNU press conference held yesterday,NFL Jerseys China Cheap, Granger admitted to the media that on the very day Sithe Global—the investing company/developer for the Amaila project—pulled out, he had a meeting with Ambassador Hardt. Granger said that that meeting was pertaining to the Amaila project and of course his party’s support towards it.“I told him (the Ambassador) that A Partnership for National Unity has certain institutions and procedures and these matters were not arrived at lightly…They were discussed thoroughly by our shadow cabinet, they were discussed within our parliamentary group, they were discussed within the executive committee of the partnership and when we came to those conclusions,Wholesale Jerseys China, it was based on advice, based on paper studies that were conducted over a period of time. It wasn’t a hasty decision; it wasn’t vindictive or full of revenge. We thought about the issue very carefully and we felt that as presently constituted the project could not have been supported,Cheap Jerseys Store,” Granger said.He added that “the biggest problem we had is that up to August 10 when we went into recess,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, the executive branch had not yet presented a comprehensive project document to the National Assembly. We really had nothing to vote against, so it is impossible to say we killed the project. We have not seen the project document.”Further, the Party leader reiterated to the media, “We (APNU) don’t know which organization will be running the project. We know Mr. Brassington is working on the Marriott, he is working with NICIL, with the Cheddi Jagan Airport project and GPL; we don’t know if he is the superman of finance, but we wanted to see a different type of development authority which is going to be spending the money concerning the single biggest investment that Guyana has ever embarked on. We wanted to see some structure. We want more information about the credibility of the GPL to handle this.”US Ambassador, D. Brent HardtGranger said that on Thursday he was made aware that lots of people endured about eight hours of blackout. “If they (GPL) can’t handle the normal power generation, how can they handle another 160 MW?”The Opposition Leader said yesterday that “we (APNU) absolutely support a Hydro Project and I told the Ambassador that.”Granger said that what his party doesn’t support is a project that has been on the stove for eight years yet the government doesn’t seem to understand it and have enough faith in it to sufficiently answer the questions of APNU.“We were brought into it a year ago, yet the questions asked are not sufficient