爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-16 15:11 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Pull Quote: “I don’t have any regrets. I don’t feel that I had any doubt. I had made up my mind and that is what I had to do. Now I am celebrating 37 years and I am very happy. I don’t think I would change it for anything. There were rough moments…in the parish, in my personal life, but it wasn’t enough to say that I would ever turn my back on the priesthood or the parishes.”By Leon SuseranFor 37 years he has been giving spiritual nourishment and food to the hungry; praying for theMonsignor Terrence Montrosesick, the dying; witnessed hundreds of marriage ceremonies and presided over scores of funerals. For nearly four decades he has preached hundreds — perhaps thousands of sermons, and has touched thousands of lives.He is known as ‘Father’ and ‘Pastor’ and ‘Brother’ and ‘Friend’ to many and is indeed special in many ways. He has risen out of the borders of being a religious leader to allow his faith in God to do many other things and inspire many other people.Monsignor Terrence John Gordon Montrose is a Catholic priest currently stationed at the Roman Catholic parish in New Amsterdam. His life is a very interesting one.He was born on March 7, 1948 at La Penitence, Georgetown, to Reginald and Pearl nee Dotson. He noted that his mother was ‘mixed’, “born in Suriname but her family was from Guyana”. He attended Ruimveldt Anglican School followed by Miss Boxhill’s Preparatory and finally Tutorial High.He had nine other siblings,Cheap NFL Jerseys, who are all now abroad.Father Monty as he is popularly called, in reflection noted that he had a wonderful childhood. There was no television or radio “but the neighbours used to play their radio loud enough so you could hear, but radio wasn’t a big thing for us until Friday nights when they had ‘Tops of the Pops’…when we all used to gather and….Monday nights, ‘Indian Memory Album’ (still on the air today on Mondays)”. That’s how he fell in love with the song ‘Suhani raat’, “it’s one of the Indian songs that I like….which I enjoy very much and the area where I grew up in was quite a mixed area”.He reminisced fondly that every wedding in the area could have been attended with our without an invitation. “Our friends were quite mixed”, he noted.JOURNEY TO THE PRIESTHOODFr Montrose had a rare opportunity to meet Pope John Paul IIYoung Terrence Montrose,NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic, during a midnight Mass one Holy Saturday night, decided that he wanted to give his life to the Lord in complete service– to become a priest. He had thought about entering the priesthood sometime before that, while having a conversation with other young people and Father (later Bishop) Singh, “but I told no one”.“This thing hit me straight between the eye (during Midnight Mass) and I said, ‘I want to be a priest’, but again, I did not tell anybody, because in those days, the priests in Guyana were all foreigners and I doubted the idea that a Guyanese could even vie to become a priest.I never saw a Guyanese priest so I never thought it was possible, but one day my mother asked me and I told her I wanted to become a priest and she said that ‘we cannot educate you’ since there were many of us (siblings).”He later joined the seminary in Georgetown and was encouraged by certain individuals including Father Singh. But then he saw a few Guyanese priests and nuns who came back home and “ran with the Catholic Standard” to his mother and showed her “there’s a black priest!” and she allowed him to go to seminary.He left home to attend St Paul’s Seminary in Vryheid’s Lust from 1965 to 1969, taking part in the basic formation training to become a priest. After that, he left to take up more in-depth studies at the St John Vianney Seminary in Trinidad from 1969-1975 and returned home. He spent a year teaching at St Mary’s Primary in preparation for ordination as a priest and was ordained on August 10, 1975, by then Roman Catholic Bishop (now retired) Benedict Singh.Afterwards, he participated in several pursuits,Cheap Jerseys China, including teaching and communications. He did courses in television and radio and “was very happy to use the skills in those areas”. Fr. Monty looked after the ‘Catholic Broadcast’ programme for quite some time before his ordination.He began to make preparations to leave for studies in Trinidad and his father was also told about the decision. Sadly, his father passed away three days before young Terrence was to have left for the seminary. That was painful and hard for the lad.He felt a resounding responsibility to take up the challenge and look after his other younger brothers and sisters, “and I thought I would go and look for a job”. But his mother would not tolerate the idea of him changing his mind to enter priesthood and leaving the home for Trinidad.Giving Holy Communion to his mo