爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-17 14:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
In a community that has a high unemployment rate and a low economy, a spanking new US$1.7 million complex? Toucan Complex owned by well-known businessman? Dr. Joseph Haynes, opened last Saturday.The mall includes a movie theatre, a mall, swimming pool and lawn tennis court. It is located in Amelia’s Ward and is expected to create some employment for Lindeners.Dr. Haynes said that if he did not have the will the project would not have been a success.He also stated that the former PPP/C Government did all it could to prevent him from not completing the project by not offering him tax breaks and other assistance due to a member of the business and private sector community.He also stated that the incident of 2012 damaged the business tremendously and he was about to call it quits but he was encouraged by his family and friends to give it one more chance.He noted that the Complex started in 2011. He said all he did was sell a concept to people who have needs and whatever happens, those needs must be fulfilled.The Complex, according to Dr. Haynes, cost him dearly. When asked if he will ever see the profit margin being realized in the next five years Dr. Haynes said he doesn’t think he will ever see it realized in his lifetime. The services at the complex, according to him, are not his but it’s an investment and a dream realized for the people of Linden.Motivated by his faith and belief that Linden can become the leading community once again,Cheap Jerseys Paypal, Dr. Haynes said that he is trying to stimulate the people of Linden to understand how important it is to get going.Several times in the past,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Dr Haynes made significant investments in Linden. “Because of the 2012 incident in Linden it has scared off investors and tremendously damaged business.”He said that it had got so bad that it forced him to close his first establishment on Co-op Crescent, Central Mackenzie and explore new areas of business.He is also the owner of the Linden School of Excellence.He is still working to reopen his first place of business in central Mackenzie as he continues to help change the face of the once thriving community during the globally profitable days of bauxite.In recent months, the international price of bauxite has plummeted due largely to China’s economic slowdown. One of the spin-offs has been the laying off of about 50 workers from BOSAI Minerals’ operations at Linden..Minister of Tourism, Cathy Hughes, said Dr. Joseph Haynes had asked her opinion about his mall some time ago.“Dr. Haynes said to me in passing, ‘Is there another facility like this anywhere else in the country?’ and I said no, I don’t think so. But Dr. Haynes I want to clarify my answer, there are new cinemas that have been developed in some parts of Georgetown.“There are shopping malls but I am happy to say that this is the first time I have seen a development that is not for a group to earn an economic livelihood alone but a development that is intended to serve the people of this community.”The Minister expressed pleasure that Linden was following in the footsteps of Georgetown where new malls and cinemas are being built. She applauded the lone businessman for putting his money where his mouth is.She lauded Dr. Haynes for his vision and concern for the sporting fraternity in the community of Linden.“He did not have to spend his money in this pool for your child and our children in the community to learn to swim, but as he created in his vision and shared with us an opportunity for us to produce Olympic swimmers. He did not have to create a lawn tennis court.”The Minister said that? Dr. Haynes could have put something else that might have had a better return on his investments in his immediate future but instead he has put some into the community so that in the next couple of years there could be a Wimbledon player.Noting the recent achievement of Wimbledon player and Lindener, Sachia Vickery, Hughes urged the gathering to ensure that the business succeed since it is the responsibility of the community to do so.Equipped with a Movie Theater,Cheap NHL Jerseys, Swimming Pool and Tennis Court, the mall is also expected to provide some convenience to the residence of Amelia’s Ward who would otherwise have to travel down to central Mackenzie for most, if not all their shopping needs.One resident said, “It’s a good and timely investment but I’m yet to see all that is said to be offered.”Minister Hughes said it will be up to the people of Linden to ensure that the Toucan Mall and Complex succeeds. She lashed out at contractors who provided services that fail to meet the standards they had promised.According to the Minister, contractors have to understand that they have to get to a position of excellence. “We must no longer