爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 2095
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-3-25 19:48 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Angella Johnson(Reprinted from the Daily Mail of Britain)The middle-aged woman sitting beside West Indies and Lancashire cricket legend Clive Lloyd in the Royal box at Wimbledon was elegantly dressed, and her immaculately made-up face beamed with proprietorial satisfaction.She and Clive, who sported a new grey suit he had bought especially for the occasion, looked for all the world like a couple very much at ease in each other’s company.Both wore gleaming wedding bands and occasionally exchanged the kind of knowing glances usually shared by those on very intimate terms.Little wonder, then, that when the images were beamed around the world on television, many people assumed the woman was Clive’s loyal wife of 37 years, Waveney.But they were wrong. It was, in fact, Parliamentary hopeful Bertha Joseph, 53, whose main claim to fame, to date, has been that she was the London borough of Brent’s first Afro-Caribbean mayor.As a councillor, she also gained some notoriety recently when she defected from Labour to the Tory Party, for which she has ambitions to stand as an MP.At her home in Cheshire, Waveney Lloyd viewed the Wimbledon scene on television with jaw-dropping incredulity. A rush of heat infused her body as the full force of her husband’s apparent betrayal hit hard. Within minutes her mobile started to beep excitedly, as messages landed from friends as far afield as Canada.The texts divided, broadly, into two categories, asking either “How are you enjoying the game?” or “Who is that woman with Clive?”Waveney, 59, had long suspected that her husband, one of cricket’s most respected figures, was involved with Ms Joseph, a divorced mother of two sons, and had been, perhaps,Cheap Basketball Jerseys, for more than 15 years.But every time she asked if there was someone else, he denied it outright. Here, at last, it seemed was evidence that not even the wily former captain of the West Indies team could wriggle out of.So, after three decades faithfully protecting Lloyd’s considerable reputation and near saintly image as a family man, Waveney decided that she could no longer remain in a marriage that had become little more than a sham. She started divorce proceedings.Of course, it was not the first time she had caught him out. There were many other occasions, including one when she found him with a naked woman in his hotel room, but this was, she concedes wearily, humiliation on a global scale. This time his philandering had not been confined to a dreary hotel room, anonymous telephone calls about his infidelity or the occasional stranger claiming they had met her before, when, in fact, it had probably been Bertha. This time it was on screen for all to see.“They call him the gentleman of cricket and he makes out that he’s such a principled man, but he has been a womaniser throughout our entire married life,” she says.“I feel ashamed now knowing that I helped to maintain this charade. That I never had the courage to walk away, while I was still young enough to start over again.”News of her husband’s dalliances reached Waveney’s ears very early in the marriage, but she remained a loyal wife, running a business and raising their children — Melissa, 34, Samantha, 32, and Jason, 26, virtually single-handedly, while he travelled the globe.She supported Lloyd through his illustrious career. In the Seventies he was an outstanding batsman, electrifying fielder and formidable captain of the West Indies, and he also won over a legion of English fans during his time playing for Lancashire, between 1968 and 1986.In his recent autobiography, Supercat, Lloyd, 64, strives hard to come across as a strong and wise character, exuding dignity, integrity and common sense. The book, hollowly it now appears, portrays him as an exemplary family man of strong moral principles. It states: “Discipline and decency informed his captaincy.”But, as The Mail on Sunday can exclusively reveal, the truth is that behind the facade of a happy and stable marriage, he was living a double life. Waveney says: “I’ve always known that he was sleeping around. It almost goes with his job, touring the world. Most of the guys were up to no good. But Clive seemed to have a woman for every continent.“Over the years, he would come home and I would find items of women’s clothing, make-up etc., in his luggage or wash bag. Once I even found some condoms. He said the company had given the guys samples and he had been left with a supply, in case they were needed.“It seems foolish now, but I let it go. Of course, it was a ridiculous excuse, but I really didn’t want to believe the worst. Then, after a while, I just stopped asking. I was scared of losing him. I loved him very much. I still do.“I thought marriage was for ever and hoped his philandering would end as we grew old together. But I think I was just giving him licence to do as he wanted. Eventually, he thought I would accept anything he did.”This proud and intense