爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2400
用戶失蹤天數 2108
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-6 02:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Romila Boodram and Dale AndrewsMurdered: Nathan PersaudFor the past 16 years since its establishment, the small community of Herstelling New Scheme, East Bank Demerara (EBD), existed in relative peace and tranquility until yesterday.That was all changed in a few minutes yesterday with the brutal murder of one of its residents.The bloodied body of 42-year-old Nathan Persaud, a father of four, was found lying face down in the living room of his Lot 66 Herstelling home around 09:45 hrs.The back of Persaud’s head was bashed in and detectives recovered a hammer, two knives and a piece of rock, all of which had blood stains, from the immediate crime scene.Persaud, a block-maker, who only moved to the area a few months back, appeared to have been bludgeoned to death in what is being described as a brazen daylight attack in the normally peaceful community.The shocking discovery was made by neighbours, minutes after they reportedly heard Persaud screaming in his two bedroom apartment.They later observed a “strange” man walking calmly out of the block maker’s yard while waving at a neighbour with a smile.Persaud, who shared the single flat house with his stepfather and three sons, was alone at home when the attack occurred,Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic, and judging from the look of the interior of the building,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, he put up a fierce fight for his life.Detectives are trying to establish a clear motive for the block-maker’s murder, since they have almost ruled out robbery.They are basing their initial assessment on the fact that several valuables in the dead man’s apartment were left behind and it appeared that the killer made no attempt to search the apartment.This newspaper received information that the man and his wife were engaged in a bitter dispute over a property located at Diamond, EBD.The couple parted a few months ago. Persaud and three of his sons moved into his mother’s house at Herstelling New Housing Scheme.When Kaieteur News visited the scene yesterday, police had sealed off the entrance to the house where the murder occurred. They were seen hunting for clues, while neighbours and relatives gathered outside hoping to get a glimpse of the dead man.Persaud’s neighbours claimed that 15 minutes did not elapse from the time they heard his screams to the time they saw a stranger leaving his yard.Police recovered thishammer at the crime sceneOne neighbour, who asked not to be named, told this newspaper that she was in her yard when she heard the now dead man, screaming.“He was hollering and I run in front to see what it was but I didn’t see anything, I just hear he (Persaud) screaming. I see other neighbours peeping too but was sheer women at home,China Jerseys, so we were scared to go over and check on him,” the woman said.She added that the screaming was “on and off” and lasted for about seven minutes.Another neighbour expressed shock at Persaud’s death since she claimed that she had spoken to him earlier yesterday morning while they were both purchasing greens from a van.The woman opined that the killer picked the right time to commit the brutal act.“He come when all them men gone to work because when we hear the screams was only woman peep out and we were all scared to go over,” she said.She explained that there is a mechanic shop located nearby and workers would usually be around the area but at the time of the murder,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, the men were all out on some other work.Kaieteur News was told that while Persaud was screaming for his life, neighbours called the Providence Police Station but the lines were engaged.“We called so many times but the lines were engaged. When the screaming stopped, I went back inside my house and then about 10 minutes later another neighbour called me and said someone see a man walking out of his (Persaud’s) yard,” the neighbour stated.She explained that as the news of the stranger walking out of Persaud’s yard spread, other neighbours gathered in front of the man’s property.“We call for him but no one answered and when we peeped through the front door, we see he (Persaud) lying on the floor so we send another neighbour to go and bring the police,” the woman said.Another resident said that the suspect, whom he described as red skin, about six feet tall with afro-hair style, was wearing blue pants and had a blue haversack on his back.Neighbours reported that the stranger was enquiring about Persaud’s address earlier.“Like he didn’t know where he was going because someone see him in another street earlier, walking. He (suspect) also asked someone through our street to direct him to Lot 66 (Persaud’s address),” the resident said.He explained that when he heard Persaud screaming, a few neighbours went out to investigate but eventually went back