爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2406
用戶失蹤天數 2113
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-6 08:18 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Guyana’s newest centenarian says that she is ready to meet her Maker.Veronica Pompey, a resident of Friendship/Buxton, East Coast Demerara, celebrated the milestone yesterday and was the guest of honour at a special service at the Friendship Methodist Church.Still able to read, Miss Pompey, who is partially deaf, was overwhelmed by the occasion, which saw scores of relatives and villagers as well as Opposition Leader Robert Corbin packing the church to pay her tributes.Born on July 9, 1908, Pompey attended school in the village.She lost her father at the age of 17 and her mother at 31. By that time she had two of her four children. Although she was never married she had two more children.“I worked hard to mind the children and they all get big now and they are looking after me.”She singled out her granddaughter,NFL Jerseys China, Bridgette Nelson, as the one who has been special,Sale NFL Jerseys, caring for her over the past years.“I am waiting on the Lord because I want to go home and meet Him. I want to know what I have done that he made me live so long. I want to know what goodness I have done,” Pompey said.Like all other centenarians,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, Pompey credited a good diet, which included fresh beef and eggs, for her longevity.She said that although life is on the downward curve, she still eats rice,NFL Jerseys China, greens, plantains and soup among other things.“I used to eat fish plentiful,NFL Jerseys China, but my stomach doesn’t want the fish now. It is egg and beef,” she said.Apart from her four children, the centenarian currently has 42 grandchildren and 17 great grandchildren as well as great-great grandchildren.“I am seeing my fourth generation; every one of them I have seen,Cheap NFL Jerseys China,” said the centenarian proudly.