爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-9 02:32 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Melissa Johnson?The new Sheriff in town is making his mission clear. Commander of Division ‘B’ of the Guyana Police Force, Assistant Commissioner, George Alexander Vyphius, said that he would not allow criminal elements to have their way in Berbice.Division ‘B’ Commander George VyphuisNot only law breakers should be on their toes but his ranks as well. “We need results! The tempo is very hot right now. I haven’t come to throw back, I haven’t come to waste time – I have come to work! If you are a Commander then you must set the example.”Since his arrival the support received from members of the public is heartening. “The public pays taxes so the Guyana Police Force can be taken care of, so we owe it to the public to give a proper service.”So far he has held a number of discussions with his ranks on issues relating to their service and protection motto. The ranks were reminded,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, inter alia, that they must,China Jerseys NFL, at all times, be prompt when acting on reports, respect the public and that maximum supervision is expected at station level.“The question of telling people, ‘We don’t have vehicles’…I don’t want to hear that! (If necessary) if the matter is critical they must get the patrols involved and never tell the public, ‘We ain’t got police’.”At all times members of the public must leave the police station or location where the report is being made satisfied. “We are not masters of the people, we are servants of the people…we must serve.”When questioned about shady characters in his flock, he responded, “If I find any of my police ranks going in a certain direction that is not correct…I will deal with them condignly because it does not augur well for the organization.”Since being posted in Berbice, there were only allegations of corrupt ranks but no one ever came forward with a direct report.“It is indeed rumoured that there are ranks involved in corruption… particularly on the Upper Corentyne. We are looking at that district closely. When corrupt persons are among you,cheap nfl jerseys, they corrupt your functions. Many make allegations but none coming forward with the evidence.”Generally, though, some members of the public may not be comfortable with certain ranks. There are still those who can be trusted, he said.The Commander took up his position in Division ‘B’ of the Guyana Police Force on January 11th.Though statistics show an increase in indictable crime in Berbice for January, the Assistant Commander opined that the crime situation is stable now after getting off to a shaky start at the beginning of the year.According to data provided, in January 2008 there were 108 reports of indictable crime against 128 for the corresponding period in 2009 in Division ‘B’.From these figures, 47 cases were made in 2008 as against 57 this year. These resulted in ten convictions last year and only four this year for the same period.There was a decrease this year in summary matters; these include assaults and less serious crimes – 57 in 2008 and 55 this year. These saw 46 cases being made in 2008 with 13 convictions and 48 this year with 12 convictions.So far this year, there were 14 reports of armed robberies.The two major armed robberies were when a 54-year-old businessman of Canefield in East Canje was shot in his right foot after three armed bandits allegedly attacked and robbed him of some $400,000, gold jewellery, phone cards and a mobile telephone at his home and the other in New Amsterdam in the vicinity of a commercial bank of the Strand.In the latter incident,Wholesale Stitched Jerseys, Jerad Isaacs had parked his vehicle at Strand and left his brother Gregory Isaacs with the $1.5 million cash in the vehicle, while he went to the bank to make a deposit.Subsequently, two bandits, one of whom carried a handgun, approached Gregory Isaacs on a bicycle and held him at gunpoint. The robbers ordered him out of the vehicle and then entered it and drove away.Both were committed in February.The Division is stepping up its campaigns to ensure the safety of persons. All ranks are expected to be effective in executing their jobs and to maintain patrols; all of these are areas critical in policing.There are some areas in both East Berbice and on the western side of the Berbice River that are of concern to police ranks, not only in terms of robberies but as it relates to illicit drugs.Lots of this prohibited substance is recovered and the Commander believes that the drugs are coming out of areas along the Berbice and Canje Rivers.According to Mr. Vyphius, a closer eye is being kept on known characters and the number of raids is stepping up.For this year there have been six road fatalities so far. Commander Vy