爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-4-13 16:01 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Some would say that in Guyana, this month is defined by the much anticipated Mashramani activities. This year’s theme, “One People, One Culture, One Celebration”, is the centre upon which our leaders, artists, school children, private sector,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and those who are all caught up in the spirit of “Mash”, plan to market our beautiful country.Maxi Williams standing in front of the costume sketchesMost importantly,jerseys nfl wholesale, people are concerned with which band to join, who has the best costumes, and which designer’s costume they want to be seen in on February 23rd.Costume Designer, Maxi K. Williams launched his Mash Camp yesterday, under the theme “Ancient Goddesses”, inspired by The Seven Wonders of the World, together with various aspects of our Guyanese heritage.The 33-year-old, who plans to produce a medium band comprising of 100 persons, explained that his designs are all influenced by the rich culture of our six ethnic groups, and the continents from which they came.His Band is made up of 10 sections which are inspired by the Chinese, African, Egyptian, Indigenous Tribes, Apache Indians, Portuguese,China Jerseys Wholesale, Italians, Romans, Arabians and Indians cultures. These are all fresh concepts, since in some cases, they branch away from the traditional wear of these people, and morph into products of Williams’ imagination.The Maxi King Costume is a three dimensional piece, which stands 15ft tall. It sports a Totem pole, which signifies the rich history of the first people of Guyana. The Totem pole also comprises of an elephant, which is a reminder of both our African and Indian lineages. The wings of an eagle are depicted on both sides of the King,Cheap Jerseys, they span 13ft long, and they showcase his power and ambition, while the headdress he wears is a representation of his royalty and wealth in gold, diamond and land.The accompanying four dimensional “Maxi Queen” piece, stands 7ft tall, 15ft wide, and is said to be a reminder of our colonial past. The design directly behind and above her head, forms a representation of the Aztec bloodline of our first people. The surrounding piece is a unique depiction of the mining industry, which has contributed greatly to the wealth of our nation.Williams intends to have 10 male and 10 female individual costumes in his band, as opposed to the customary one male and one female.The Female individual costume is an elaborate design, depicting a Chinese Princess, adorned with the celebration robe which is worn at grand events and a golden dragon which is her spiritual protector.The male individual costume represents a fearless gladiator in Roman Times. The colours of this costume represent the strength, wealth and valour he possesses.Williams’ costumes were all handmade, and skillfully put together by mixing Chinese fabrics, leaves from bouquets of flowers and fashioning them with broken pieces of costume jewellery,cheap nfl jerseys online, which were used to create a sequenced effect.Yesterday’s launch was backed up by a Fund Raising Bar-B-Q and Lime as Williams explained that the estimated cost to produce his band would be approximately10 million dollars. The cost to join the band is $5,000 which price covers costume, food and drinks. All are invited to come on board.Guided by his personal motto, “Living your purpose, making a difference”, Maxi Williams said that this is his contribution to the Guyanese society. The proud Guyanese explained that “Everybody has a calling and a gift from God, I was lucky enough to find mine. I was born with the natural ability to design, even when I didn’t know and God filled me and allowed me to function.”Williams explained the importance of securing sponsorship for his band, and said that he cannot see himself growing as an artist without sponsorship; “You are not just supporting me, but our culture that is going to attract people from all over the world.”It is evident that he pours his soul and spirit into his gorgeous designs. They are the image of beauty, culture, style and creativity. “My mission is to put Guyana on the map. I want to make Guyana’s Mashramani as big as Trinidad’s Carnival”.Person interested in joining this mash camp can register at Maxi Williams Designs, located at 56 Brickdam (Next to GT&T Blackberry building), between reasonable working hours beginning from 8am daily,Wholesale Jerseys From China, up until 12am midnight. There will be a Seawall Lime, where interested person can register to be a part of the band. A DJ will be there with the playlist which will be used on the road Mash day. The Lime begins at 5pm tonight, in the vicinity of the Police Training College