爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-4 08:17 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“We need to underline the importance of education to bring talented youths to the point of achievement through education then we could say that we have started the reconciliatory process.”By Michael Benjamin A surreptitious glance of his profile would convince even the uninitiated of his deep-seated commitment to Guyanese in various and crucial facets of the society, while the furrows on his forehead are solid testimony of his hard work in service to his fellow citizens.He has rendered service in a plethora of institutions and has shaped the lives of a multitude of Guyanese. Despite the toll such commitment has taken on his aging body and despite the passage of time, Major General Norman McLean, MSc, continues to sacrifice time and other personal resources for the good of Guyana and by extension, every Guyanese.Norman McLeanMr. McLean has held numerous portfolios yet it is his tenure at the helm of the now defunct Guyana National Service (GNS), a paramilitary institution that was inaugurated in 1974 and provided military training for, and the orientation of, thousands of Guyanese.Major General (ret’d) McLean was initially the second in command to Brigadier Clarence Price before assuming the top post of Director General during 1974-79.He was also directly responsible for design, planning and implementation of the national youth programme. His portfolio further enabled him to aid in the development of the talents of young people with an aim of enhancing their growth to satisfy the mandate towards the establishment of a morally efficient nation.Despite assuming many other prestigious appointments afterwards, the Brigadier still considers his installment into the hierarchy of the GNS as the finest and most significant placing.“This appointment afforded me the opportunity to impact positively on the lives of many young Guyanese who had great ideas but no idea how to promote them.“They needed opportunities and I felt obliged to open those doors for them using the GNS as the vehicle.”The Major General further highlighted several benefits derived by young people from their involvement in the paramilitary organisation.“They got to know their country through visits to, and training at our many bases within the interior savannahs around Guyana,” he pointed out.Apart from that, Mr. McLean remains adamant that the GNS enabled young people to learn about their country,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, to enhance cultural growth and to live in harmony with members of different ethnicities and sexes.“The GNS was a broad-based organisation and I would even say that it is an understatement that this institution nurtured individuals to be good citizens,” he exhorted.In 1979,Cheap Jerseys, after years of distinguished service to the nation’s youths, Major General McLean left the organisation he had grown to love to take up a new appointment as Chief of Staff of the Guyana Defence Force. A good General shows his troops how it's doneHis military life officially ended in 1990 when he retired from the Guyana Defence Force. He said that he left that organisation with much sadness since it was somewhere he had loved and gave him an opportunity to continue molding the lives of young Guyanese.Quizzed of his affiliation to the military organization, Mr. McLean said, “I physically left the military organisation in 1990 but I still consider myself a soldier as my training has remained an integral aspect of my development.”Having said goodbye to several years of military dispensation, Mr. McLean became engaged in voluntary service in several non governmental and sports organisations.He was the President of the Guyana Cricket Board of Control and a member of the West Indies Cricket Board during 1980-90; a former President of the Guyana National Rifle Association and a former Vice President of the West Indies Full Bore Shooting Council.There were a myriad of other appointments in other sports associations and non governmental organisations.Having completed an illustrious tenure in the military,Cheap Jerseys From China, Mr. McLean returned to private vocations and once again became embroiled in charitable work towards the good of his fellow citizens.He also served for a short period of time at the St John’s Ambulance Brigade.Life was not without its many challenges and problems and Mr. McLean was not spared from his share of adversaries. The memories of a major accident that almost claimed his life still remain fresh in his mind and acts as a constant reminder that there is a God, or in his case, Allah, since he is a devout Muslim.It was the year 2000 when he served as the Human Resource s Manager of the OMAI Gold mines Ltd, a position he still commands. Three days after that Christmas Day, while en route to the interior office he was involved in an accident.It seemed as though his driver,