爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2390
用戶失蹤天數 2097
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-16 23:50 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Michael Jordan(Part Two)When we returned from the Blacka, keeping the fish I’d caught was the last thing on my mind. Max didn’t want them either, so we gave them to Old Skeets, who was watering his plants when we passed his home.Old Skeets grinned and said: “These gun eat good with bread when the Mistress fry dem dry.”I washed off with soap and Dettol at the pipe in Max’s yard before going home.Mommy was listening to the radio. Dad was out. I didn’t feel very hungry, so I went to bed early.I lay there,Cheap Jerseys, tossing in bed, unable to sleep; and then it grew dark, a full moon was out—and I was at the Blacka, at the spot where Maxie and I had stared into the eyes of the huge fish. I was terrified, because I sensed that something was about to happen.I became aware of an overpowering, fishy rank that was yet somehow pleasant. But I was not alone. A naked girl with waist-long, water-drenched black hair sat on a tree that had fallen into the water. She was weeping.A man sat next to her stroking her hair; comforting her in a strange language that I somehow understood. He was shirtless and wiry, with long greying hair tied in a knot at the back. On his wrists were two silver bracelets that were shaped into snakes.And then I saw something else that raised the hairs on my arms and neck: Below their waists, where their legs should have been, were fish tails. Hers was pink and white; his was black as a tilapia’s.I was still gaping when she saw me. She looked at me through her tangled hair. I thought she was the prettiest girl I had ever seen. I was lost looking into the fish-girl’s strange, greenish eyes, before I realized that the man was looking at me,China Jerseys, too.Unlike the girl’s, his eyes were a muddy yellow and they glinted. He then gently shifted the hair away from the girl’s face, and I no longer thought her pretty. A long, deep, ugly, ragged cut ran from her left ear to the bottom of her chin. It was beginning to heal, but the tightening skin had pulled the left side of her mouth upwards into a demented grin that reminded me of ‘The Joker’ in the Batman comic books. She probably saw my revulsion, because her green eyes narrowed and her hands went up to hide the scar.She snarled something at the man. I recoiled as they suddenly plunged off the fallen tree and began to slither like eels up the side of the dam towards me. I stood there, unable to run, unable to scream…I awoke trembling, and kept the light on for the rest of the night; but when morning came, the dream was still on my mind.After I got up, I started on some of my chores. I was sweeping the front yard when Max came over. At first I thought that maybe he wanted us to go fishing again,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, but the moment I looked at him I knew that something was wrong. Tears streamed down his face. I immediately thought of his mother, who I knew was ill.“What happen, Maxie?”He wiped at the tears then said. “Come and see what somebody do to my chickens.”The first thing that I noticed when we got to Maxie’s home was that Lassie, the old dog with a bit of German Shepherd blood; that dog that always growled at me, was cowering in a corner.Maxie, still sobbing, pointed to the pen, in which he was rearing about twenty chicks.“You see what they do?”I saw.Something or someone had entered the yard last night—walked past big, bad-tempered Lassie—and wrenched off the door of the chicken pen.Maxie’s tiny yellow chickens lay scattered on the ground.Someone had wrung their heads off.A chill ran through me. “Who do this, Max?”“I doan know…”I helped Max get rid of the dead chicks. He had stopped crying, but he wasn’t speaking much. I asked him again who he thought had killed the chicks. A look of fear flashed across his face. But he said nothing.That was the day Maxie began to change.We had tons of plans for the holidays—we’d fish,Cheap NFL Jerseys, play road cricket against the guys from Festival City, and let Ralphie sneak us into the cinema to see a Bruce Lee double,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, when he came back from training at Tacama. But it seemed that Max’s heart wasn’t in any of those things. I knew that he was troubled about something.Things weren’t too bright with me, either. I had dreamed a few more times about the fish-girl and the man; and in those dreams it was always moonlight and they were chasing me down the dam by the Blacka.About a week after Max’s chickens had died, he came by my house calling for me. He had always been skinny, but it seemed to me that he had gotten even thinner. I saw something else. He looked terrified. “You could come by me now?”We went back to his house and sat silently on his front steps for a few minutes. I could hear his mother coughing inside.“Yo