爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-5-21 05:21 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Dr John Persaud, 64,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, a Guyanese who had been teaching at the Preston Albury High School in the Bahamas, for nearly three decades, is back home trying to correct what he said was a misrepresentation of the truth.In July,Wholesale Jerseys, a Bahamian newspaper reported that Dr Persaud was charged with sexually assaulting a student. The allegations were made in May, and Dr Persaud was arraigned before a magistrate on May 19.On October 7,Cheap China Jerseys, last, Dr Persaud was freed after the court found that the people making the allegations had “lied through their teeth”.Dr Persaud, who is now home on a short vacation to tend to family business, said that the entire episode is still surprising since the ‘victim’ never made a formal report.“There was an allegation made against me by a student. I was lost for words because I could not recall having anything to do with that student. I don’t teach the student at all. There was no contact between that student and me.”What actually sparked the allegation was an attempt to discipline a student who had breached the assembly line. Dr Persaud said that as the student rushed past him he reached out and attempted to grab the boy who dodged the attempt.The matter surfaced some five weeks later when he got a call to visit the police station. He said that he was taken into custody.“I had no knowledge of the incident of which I was being accused.”He was eventually granted bail and ordered to return to court on June 17. On that day the magistrate was a no-show, so the case was postponed to August 30. It was further postponed to September 2.Meanwhile, Dr Persaud was sent on administrative leave. September 2 came and again there was no court but a tentative date was set for either October or November, the man said.All parties were finally summoned on October 4 when the trial eventually began. It lasted three days.The star witness claimed that while no report was formally made to her, the boy blurted out that Dr Persaud attempted to grab his penis. The witness, a teacher at the school, claimed that the lad made this accusation during an informal session.She said that at the time she was in the head teacher’s office. However,China Jerseys Cheap, the head teacher never heard the allegation although the office,Cheap Authentic Jerseys, as described by the witness, was very small.Further, the boy, whose mother said that they shared a very close relationship, never made any such report to his mother. No one could say for sure that the assault took place.Persaud said that he was certain that his arrest and humiliation resulted from the fact that he is a Guyanese who had attained high office at the school, ahead of Bahamians. He said that he was a victim of discrimination.On October 7,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, the magistrate announced, “Mr Persaud, I must tell you that you are now a free man; you are acquitted; you are free.”But this did not happen until the magistrate had described the witnesses as a pack of liars.“I think my reputation was able to hold out because people know me in the entire Bahamas. They have always known me to be a decent person.”