爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2386
用戶失蹤天數 2094
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-5 21:11 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Preparations are “on track” for this year’s general elections, according to Dr Steve Surujbally, Chairman of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM).Dr Surujbally’s declaration came yesterday following a criticism leveled at the Commission by the ruling People’s Progressive Party (PPP).The Commission is reportedly working toward an August/September date for the polls.Dr Steve Surujbally The PPP had said it was concerned that it is drawing close to the period of “Claims and Objections” but that the Commission is not meeting,Cheap NFL Jerseys, due to lack of quorum. The party contended that this could affect the preparatory work for the upcoming elections.However, Dr Surujbally said that he was called Tuesday by the “author” of the PPP press release, who he assured that there was nothing to fear. Despite this, the PPP released its statement.“I can guarantee you…that we are on track,” Dr Surujbally declared as he met with scrutineers who would be monitoring the upcoming Claims and Objections exercise being conducted to ensure a clean and credible list of electors ahead of general elections.“We (the Commission) have an action plan,’ Dr Surujbally assured, adding,Wholesale World Cup Jerseys, “At this point in time I am not in the least worried.”He said that the Commission has given itself room for any slippages.Dr Surujbally did agree that there has been absenteeism on the part of Commissioners for statutory meetings,China Jerseys Cheap, but he said this has not affected the work of the Commission.“At this point in time, as we get things moving, I really don’t think there is that dreadful necessity (to have) commissioners meet often,” Surujbally asserted.He said that absenteeism is factual but does not impact the work of the Commission and its Secretariat “in any profound way.”“The secretariat in on tract and the Commission is overseeing what they are doing,” Dr Surujbally reiterated. He said that if there is a problem Commissioners can be telephoned or there could also be videoconferencing if Commissioners are overseas.The Commission is gearing to head into the Claims and Objections period to ensure a clean list that no one can quarrel with.Scrutineers from 31 political parties, who are paid by the government, have been invited to oversee the exercise.Dr Surujbally said that there could come a time when there is no need for scrutineers to “look over our shoulders” but said “that time is not now.”He said that he would wish to see a GECOM that is so credible that whatever GECOM does and the Secretariat and the staff do, that it would be accepted by the political leaders.“I think we have reached a far stage; I don’t think we have reached that level of belief that people have that conviction that GECOM is an office that ensures correctness at all times,Cheap Jerseys From China,” said Dr Surujbally.He said that the work of the scrutineers is important because it helps to keep the Commission “on the straight and narrow path.”Dr Surujbally boasted that he has an “A-Team” at the Secretariat to execute the task at hand.He said that the team at GECOM has honed its expertise to a point “where they can deliver that which can almost be mistake free.”He urged the scrutineers to relay to the Commission any problems that might emerge and not be quick to rush to the media as this could create an atmosphere of distrust or unease. He also urged parties to try their best to stick with the scrutineers they have named. Otherwise,Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale, he said,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, things get “messed up.”