爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-7 00:08 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Attorney Gail S. Seeram, In the United States, non-citizens are persons who do not have U.S. citizenship, including lawful permanent residents, refugees and asylum seekers, persons who have permission to come to the U.S. for reasons like work, school or travel, and those without legal immigration status of any kind. Non-citizens who are in the United States—no matter what their immigration status—generally have the same constitutional rights as citizens when law enforcement officers stop, question,Wholesale Jerseys China, arrest, or search them or their homes.However, non-citizens being questioned by an immigration officer or those who are trying to enter the U.S. do not have all the same rights.? Note, law enforcement officer refers to an officer enforcing state criminal laws, whereas immigration officer refers to an officer enforcing federal immigration laws.Q. What can I do if law enforcement officers want to question me?A: You have the same right to be silent that U.S. citizens have,Authentic Jerseys From China, so the general rule is that you do not have to answer any questions that a law enforcement officer asks you. However, there are exceptions to this at ports of entry, such as airports and borders.Q: Do I have to answer questions about whether I am a U.S. citizen, where I was born, where I live,NFL Jerseys Supply, where I am from, or other questions about my immigration status?A: You do not have to answer any of the above questions if you do not want to answer them. But do not falsely claim U.S. citizenship. It is almost always a good idea to speak with a lawyer before you answer questions about your immigration status. Immigration law is very complicated, and you could have a problem without realizing it. A lawyer can help protect your rights, advise you,Cheap NBA Jerseys Wholesale, and help you avoid a problem.? Always remember that even if you have answered some questions, you can still decide you do not want to answer any more questions.Immigration officers can require non-immigrants to provide information related to their immigration status. However, even if you are a nonimmigrant,Discount NFL Jerseys, you can still say that you would like to have your lawyer with you before you answer questions, and you have the right to stay silent if your answer to a question could be used against you in a criminal case.Q: Do I have to show officers my immigration documents?A: The law requires non-citizens who are 18 or older and who have been issued valid U.S. immigration documents to carry those documents with them at all times. (These immigration documents are often called “alien registration” documents. The type you need to carry depends on your immigration status. Some examples include an unexpired permanent resident card (“green card”), I-94, Employment Authorization Document (EAD), or border crossing card.)Failure to comply carry these documents can be a misdemeanor crime. If you have your valid U.S. immigration documents and you are asked for them, then it is usually a good idea to show them to the officer because it is possible that you will be arrested if you do not do so. Keep a copy of your documents in a safe place and apply for a replacement immediately if you lose your documents or if they are going to expire.If you are arrested because you do not have your U.S. immigration documents with you, but you have them elsewhere, ask a friend or family member (preferably one who has valid immigration status) to bring them to you. It is never a good idea to show an officer fake immigration documents or to pretend that someone else’s immigration documents are yours.If you are undocumented and therefore do not have valid U.S. immigration documents, you can decide not to answer questions about your citizenship or immigration status or whether you have documents. If you tell an immigration officer that you are not a U.S. citizen and you then cannot produce valid U.S. immigration documents, there is a very good chance you will be arrested.Q: What should I do if there is an immigration raid where I work?A: If your workplace is raided, it may not be clear to you whether you are free to leave. Either way, you have the right to remain silent—you do not have to answer questions about your citizenship, immigration status or anything else. If you do answer questions and you say that you are not a U.S. citizen, you will be expected to produce immigration documents showing your immigration status. If you try to run away, the immigration officers will assume that you are in the U.S. illegally and you will likely be arrested. The safer course is to continue with your work or calmly ask if you may leave, and to not answer any questions you do not wan