爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2386
用戶失蹤天數 2093
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-9 05:22 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Some leading members of the Christian community are upset over comments made by Bishop Juan Edghill at the People’s Progressive Party/CIVIC rally at Lusignan,NFL Jerseys Supply, East Coast Demerara on Sunday.Edghill told the crowd of PPP/C supporters “I believe if Jesus Christ, who I serve,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, was in Guyana and he had to vote, he would have voted for the PPPC, because Jesus loves justice.”“If he said that, it would be most unfortunate,Cheap China Jerseys,” said Pastor John Smith of the Central Assemblies of God.Edghill, who was once a leading member of the Guyana Council of Churches, went further to pledge his support for the party and to work to ensure that it is reelected to form the next government.“He and God will have a talk. How could you bring Jesus into this? You do not have Jesus’s heart,” said another Pastor.Edghill lashed out at those who questioned why a church leader would get involved in politics,Wholesale Jerseys, stating that as Chairman of the Ethnic Relations Commission he is aware that there is a call for unity and progress and the PPPC is the only political party that can achieve that.Juan EdghillThere is an injunction that restrains Edghill from holding himself as Chairman of the Ethnic Relations Commission.“I am answering that call; the dream of many Guyanese,” Edghill declared.His statements invoked the ire of some Christian leaders who feel that Edghill was out of order.“He is not a Minister of the gospel anymore. He is a politician who has sold his soul. He will have to decide which side he is on, God’s side or the devil’s. If I see him face to face I will tell him so,” one church leader who asked not to be named told this newspaper.According to Edghill, he wants to be an example to thousands of Guyanese who have been fed a diet that the PPP is an ungodly party and religious and righteous people should not support them.He proclaimed that there has never been in the history of Guyana an embrace and an engagement with religion and religious leaders as there has been over the 12 years of Bharrat Jagdeo’s presidency.He said that being a Christian does not mean that one cannot support a party of one’s choice and he publicly declared his unconditional support for the PPP/C Presidential Candidate, Donald Ramotar.“All the Christians who feel intimidated, condemned and manipulated by those who preach hate,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China, I’m here to tell you, life is about making choices. A man’s life is the sum total of choices he makes and I’m convinced, having looked at all that is being offered in Guyana, PPP/C is not only the best choice, but is the only choice,” Edghill asserted.He stated that he is doing what he is doing because it is consistent with his religious beliefs.But one Christian leader told this newspaper that even though Christians can participate in the elections, being openly political is not the way of Jesus.Pastor Smith said that Jesus is above any political fray or political party.“His mission was to deal with the heart of man. The scripture says that Jesus gave himself to no man because he knew what was in man,Cheap Stitched Jerseys,” Pastor Smith stated.Another leading Pentecostal leader expressed surprise that Bishop Edghill was actually on the political platform as a speaker for the PPP.“When you endorse a party, as a Christian, you should keep it to yourself. This is really shocking to me,” the Pastor who did not wish to be named said.Yet another Christian leader said that, “It tells us how far removed he is from his calling. The Bishop should be made to apologise for his utterances.”