爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-20 20:56 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
The Guyana Power and Light (GPL) in collaboration with the Linden Electricity Incorporated yesterday commenced a five day training programme, under the theme “upgrade for Network Technician” for personnel in the electricity distribution sector in Linden.The programme is taking place at the Watooka Complex, with the aim of bringing Lindeners up to speed with standard operating practices as observed by GPL.Divisional Director of GPL,nhl jerseys outlet, Elwyn Marshall said that it is no secret that sooner or later the Linden Network will become the responsibility of GPL. “I think it is an idea that has been mooted for many years, and with the imminent coming of hydropower, it seems even more possible. With the whole advent of Hydro, it makes sense that one authority is responsible for transmission and distribution.”Participants at the electricity workshop for technicians in Linden.It was pointed out that with hydropower throughout the country,Cheap Adidas NHL Jerseys, power will be coming to Linden directly from the National Grid.“Now the primary focus, with this concept of GPL being in charge of the Linden Network- the primary focus always seems to be the rates. Now I’m not going to go down that road, but I think that there are so many other benefits that can be gained and will be gained by the association of LECI and GPL. When we think of GPL taking over LEC, in addition to the rates, I think another concern would be employment-What happens to the technicians and electricians who are currently maintaining and building networks in Linden. And I think that it is in recognition of this fear that the Board of Directors decided that what needed to be done, was to have the Linden technical personnel become aware of the way that GPL works,” Marshall said.“There are not many ways of doing transmission and distribution lines correctly, but there are various standards and various things that one company may accept, that another may not accept,NFL Jerseys Cheap, and so we thought that it might be a good idea to start with this training programme- which is supposed to be the first and a part of the whole concept of knowledge exchange between the two entities,” he added.According to Marshall, GPL personnel is in no way saying that they have better knowledge of transmission and distribution practices,Wholesale Jerseys, but “what we’re saying is that we have a certain standard that we work to, we work to a certain code and it would be useful if the persons in Linden become aware of these standards, and where possible work with these standards. That basically was the genesis of having this programme.”As it relates to rates to be paid by Lindeners,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, Marshall said that presently, electricity is highly subsidized by Government, and any decision regarding a change in rates is not an operational decision, but one for the Government.The objectives of the training sessions are to help participants understand a basic outline of the fundamentals associated with the theory and practices within transmission and distribution systems and to ensure that they possess a sound knowledge to identify various equipment and materials- their use and operating principles,Authentic Jerseys China, and understand the importance of earthling and its procedures. The importance of safe work practices and better relations among workers would also be emphasized.