爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2377
用戶失蹤天數 2085
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-22 03:04 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“As a true educator you become a parent; more than the light guiding the way to a successful academic career… It is the essence of this noble profession.”By Kiana Wilburg At some point in our secondary school education, we encounter the ‘exceptional’ teacher, the one whoseGail Roxanne Primoinfluence goes beyond that five or six-year period. It stays with us for an eternity.The ‘exceptional teacher’ is the one who transforms the classroom from a dull, ordinary place into a virtual fun-park for learning, confidence building, and imparting important life lessons.They possess a fire for transforming children, inspiring them, motivating them to never be afraid of questioning anything, and like actress Lily Tomlin said,Jerseys From China, they gave you something to think about besides homework.This week’s ‘Special Person’, retired headmistress, Gail Roxanne Primo of St. Joseph High School,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, is one such person. She has the perfect balance between the discipline of an iron lady and the warmth and comfort of a mother. For her, the “slow learner” did not make her job harder, but more profound and satisfying.Reflecting on her satisfying career, Miss Primo sums it up in one short sentence—”Teaching is just part of my DNA.”With years of teaching and being a headmistress under her belt, the good-natured mother of one expressed that perhaps it is her humble beginnings and her mother’s insistence on the inculcation of certain critical qualities, that is responsible for how far she has come.Born March 6, 1960 to Mavis Primo and Robert Moore,Wholesale Jerseys, this highly respected educator related that her fondest childhood memories were conceived in Berbice and later in Linden.With two graduating students of St. Joseph High.She grew up with her grandmother in Rosignol, Berbice, while her mother worked in Richmond Hill, Linden, as a domestic and a seamstress, to ensure that her every need was met. But she would soon move to live with her aunt who was relocating to the mining town as well.Primo recalled fond memories of her youth where she flew kites, climbed fruit trees and even ventured to her mother’s abode, on the Linden Highway,China Jerseys NFL, and almost being devoured by quicksand. Of course, she recalls receiving “a good old cut-tail” for going on such a dangerous trek but it was nevertheless, full of excitement for her.“I had an very adventurous childhood and I had my cousins who were good role models for me. But more importantly, the sacrifices of my mother taught me that life was not a joke. You have to work for what you want.”Primo attended her cousin’s kindergarten and then Rosignol Primary, but after being transferred to Linden she continued at Regma Primary. After successfully passing her common entrance exams, she moved on to Kara Kara High School which was soon after remodeled into a multilateral. It became even more exciting for her. There she was, a senior student, and quite early her capacity to be a leader rose to the fore. Primo was soon chosen to be a Prefect.After graduating, she was eager to enter the world of work and did her first teaching stint atMiss Primo and her students from North Ruimveldt Multilateral.Mackenzie Primary School. This didn’t last long. She then applied at a Bank for a job, considering her love for mathematics and economics. But this only lasted for one day.“When I went to the job on the first day and I returned home, I greeted my mom with a very serious look on her face. She said that she didn’t think the banking work was for me because I am very forgetful and I would leave the people’s canister open and end up having to pay back a whole set of money. Believe it or not, that was the end of my attempts at a banking career. So I returned to teaching.”“This (teaching) was always my first love. It was evident even when I was a child. I remember as a young girl I would cut out the ladies in the bathing suits from the fashion books my mom used, because I knew she wouldn’t want those and I had them lined up on the steps and taught them and all my other dolls. They would get terrible licks for not answering my questions,” she said with a smile.The educator’s next teaching venture was at Linden Foundation Secondary where she learnedBeside her daughter when she graduated from the University of Guyanathe value of criticizing in private and praising in public. That experience stayed with her as she recalled that at no point as a headmistress did she ever embarrass her teachers at St. Joseph High.She worked there until 1979 and left for college where she did three years training at Lillian Dewar. After graduating, she returned to Linden in 1982 and resumed work at the Foundation until she left for the University of Guyana. There, she successfully graduated with a Degree