爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2357
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-6-29 13:29 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Rehana AhamadWhile I am not sure what Christmas is like in a majority of Muslim homes; in mine, it is not very different from those of the Christians. Our day’s activities also include praying, cooking, and giving thanks to God (Allah). There are also some party activities like dancing and singing.Every year on Christmas Day, my family would all be up at the crack of dawn. Any deviation would see my mom or dad come into our bedrooms, wake us with gentle kisses and whisper in our ears, “Come see yuh gift”Bolting out of bed, we would all gather around the Christmas tree,Deion Jones Falcons Jersey, which is a must for our home during Christmas. Then we race to open our presents.Even with some financial restraints during some Christmases,Authentic Carolina Panthers Jersey, mommy and daddy still always manage to get us everything on our Christmas list; never looking forward for anything in return.I have always taken this time to look around and see the expression on the faces of my three younger siblings; Ashraf, 15; Fazana, 13; and little Irshaan, one; and of course ‘the world’s best parents’.After we would have had the joys that our gifts would have brought, we would all hop into my parents’ bed, playing, wrestling and listening to their stories of the past.Continuous laughter would fill our home as mom and dad prepare lunch and my sister and I complete the smaller chores about the house. It is now the second year that my brother Ashraf is given the task of taking care of little Irshaan.Breakfast for us that morning would always be my mom’s homemade fruit and/or sponge cake with tea or juice.Last year Christmas, our meals were already prepared and the final chores were also completed before 10:00 hours. This included time spent talking to loved ones via the telephone; it was a record-breaking time for us.Many would assume that Muslims don’t celebrate Christmas but it’s evident that we do from the fact that almost all of us would go shopping and cook the fanciest meals, or even redecorate a bit.Nevertheless, prayer remains a huge part of our day as we take time to give thanks to Allah for making our day bountiful and sweet.Christmas Day and the days of the holy month of Ramadan are of similar means to my family. While we obviously give priority to the month of Ramadan and value it a lot more, we do believe that the Christmas season symbolizes love,Adrian Wilson Cardinals Jersey, togetherness and charity; especially my dad, who goes all out with donations and charity-related activities.For us, it’s not about believing that the son of God was born on this day but believing in the Christmas season and the spirit of Christmas.The spirit of Christmas is felt by almost everyone, in and out of Guyana, that fuzzy feeling that the season brings and the joy of giving and making others happy.Before lunch we would all shower and get dressed, after which we would gather in the living room for a few minutes of prayer. Then we would exchange hugs and kisses as love flows from our hearts.And like many spoiled families in Guyana we have lunch in our living room in front of the television.After the 10 ‘o’ clock hour, families and friends would start coming to visit; something my siblings look forward to the most as many of them (the visitors) bring presents.Even though we are not greeted with breathtaking and unforgettable moments every Christmas, they all remain special,Billy Price Jersey, as just being around the people you love makes you feel overwhelmed with joy.Later Christmas Day, last year, I was greeted by the arrival of my aunt, her husband and two cousins whom I had never met. They had flown in from Canada the night before Christmas.Immediate preparations were made to drive from our home in Little Diamond to my grandmother’s house in Novar Mahaicony so as to have an “urgent” family reunion.Despite all of us being Muslims,World Cup Jerseys 2018, Christmas remains a special day and time of year for us.My aunts and uncles all collected their goodies from home and gathered at my grandmother’s. Before we knew it we had food, drinks,Cheap Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Free Shipping, and pretty much everything needed to have a party.All my relatives bonded that evening; we had so much fun and felt so much love, that everyone decided to leave their everyday life and we all stayed at Mahaicony until after the New Year. Every day was like an adventure.It was because of that Christmas that my cousins all became my best friends and I think we all realized that we are a family, no matter how far apart we