爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-6 19:04 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Leonard GildarieIt seems as if writing on housing related issues will always keep coming back to me. I can’t help it. I am too much in love with all things pertaining to home improvements.Last week I touched on the topic of how we can make our resources work better for the benefit of all Guyanese.The article sparked quite a number of calls by readers who asked for us to explore this area further.This week, I would like to examine these initiatives by discussing where we are at currently in certain areas of manufacturing and what we can do to achieve more desirable outcomes for the greater benefit of Guyana and its people.As mentioned before, Guyana is widely known to be blessed with the most natural resources and raw materials for processed goods amongst the Caribbean territories.Wood mulch was used to beautify my friend’s yard in New Jersey,NFL Jerseys From China, US.The question that boggles the mind therefore is why, after more than a half century of independence, are we ranked as the poorest nation besides Haiti in the western hemisphere?I believe that this is unacceptable and that all efforts should be made by the Government of the day to once and for all design,Cheap NFL Jerseys, implement and execute structured, incremental strategies to recognise our viable resources; categorise these resources for attention on a tiered basis of ease of implementation and positive socio/economic benefits and implementing ways to better exploit these resources.While these strategies are applicable to all types of our resources, I would like to focus on those resources that are easily available to us and which would involve smaller startup costs.The outcomes are positive and would include new processing plants, diversification of existing entities to make them more viable and competitive in the ever changing economic environment, keeping our much needed foreign exchange at home by reducing imports and most importantly, creating new jobs.The recurring theme of these articles is to stress the importance of value-added processes to all of our manufacturing initiatives.Secondary ProcessingWe must demand of our investors, both local and foreign, investments in localised secondary processing.We are a nation that can strive on innovativeness and mechanisation. We are ripe for modernisation,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, new processes and products to meet the ever demanding housing industry and also our renewed appetite for better, more attractive environs.Last week, we touched on the topic of how large quantities of our raw timber are exported in log form, robbing our economy of the benefits of secondary processing right here. I also pointed out that on my visit to a Home Depot hardware and gardening store in New Jersey, USA, I was shocked to find packaged cow manure.My inspection of the product revealed that the processing involved dehydration and packaging only. This, of course,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, makes it easier to transport, store and apply. Mulch for sale at a NJ Home Depot outletI also saw compost being sold in the same way. Why can’t we do it here is the obvious question.This week I would like to talk about mulch.Wikipedia describes mulch as a layer of material applied to the surface of an area of soil. Its purpose may include to conserve moisture; to improve the fertility and health of the soil; to reduce weed growth and to to enhance the visual appeal of the area.Mulch is usually but not exclusively organic in nature. It may be permanent (e.g. plastic sheeting) or temporary (e.g. bark chips). It may be applied to bare soil, or around existing plants. Mulches of manure or compost will be incorporated naturally into the soil by the activity of worms and other organisms. The process is used both in commercial crop production and in gardening,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, and when applied correctly can dramatically improve soil productivity. We will focus on wood mulch today.With our robust housing industry and our recent efforts to maintain and beautify our environs, both private and public, mulching makes so much sense.Easily AvailableThe raw materials are everywhere around us and can be mostly free. Every tree or limb, dead or freshly cut, can be made into mulch with the use of chipper shredders. For smaller production quantities, the price of a shredder ranges from as low as US$100 to US$400.For commercial applications, the price rises to about US$2,000 for a good quality one.The process is simple and involves hand feeding tree trunks cut into appropriate sizes and limbs into the shredders which then spits out the mulch into a storage area/container.Imagine the folks at M&CC using one of these chipper shredders to produc