爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-7 23:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…as amnesty continues to bear fruitMinister of Public Security Khemraj Ramjattan in discussion with residents prior to the commencement of the community meeting at Whim, Corentyne, BerbiceThe recently launched firearm amnesty continues to bear fruit as the police continue to receive weapons. Yesterday was just another collection day.Crime Chief Wendell Blanhum told Kaieteur News that the force received another illegal .32 pistol and 194 matching rounds of ammunition yesterday.They also received three 16-gauge and three 20-gauge shotgun cartridges on West Coast Demerara.This is in addition to the two pistols and one shotgun along with a large quantity of ammunition that were turned in last week. The rate of surrender of illegal arms and ammunition is viewed as an insult to detractors of the amnesty programme.Minister of Public Security, Khemraj Ramjattan, has expressed his satisfaction so far with the gun amnesty initiative. He is urging persons to “bring in those illegal guns.”In an invited comment, following his address to the gathering at the community meeting at Whim, Corentyne, Berbice, on Saturday, the Minister told the Government Information Agency (GINA), “I am pleased that the first day was wonderful; to get a 1000 rounds of ammunition is worth the whole month,Cheap Jerseys China, quite frankly, and we must be proud of the fact that it is working.”The Minister further stated that during his visits countrywide to address Guyanese,NFL Jerseys Cheap Authentic, he is also using that opportunity to promote the initiative.“As I come to these meetings,Cheap NFL jerseys China, I am telling people, get those friends and family who you know got guns that are illegally possessed and persuade them to bring them in,NFL Jerseys Wholesale,” he said.Minister Ramjattan explained that the initiative is one of many which the Administration will implement in its crime fighting efforts. “It is only one of the tools in the tool box,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, there are lots of things we have got to do, gun amnesty is one,” Ramjattan explained.The Minister has again issued a strong call to persons who possess firearms illegally to turn them in during this one-month amnesty period. “I am promising that if you don’t bring them in this month, and we catch you, we are going to ensure that you don’t get bail,” Ramjattan asserted.He advised that the law enforcement agencies are getting ‘tip-off’ as to who possesses illegal firearms. He pleaded with those persons to take those guns in to the nearest police station.The Minister assured that if caught with any illegal firearm after the one-month amnesty period is over,Cheap Jerseys, ‘persons will be jailed with no bail.’The Gun Amnesty initiative was introduced on September 1, last, and provides for persons to hand over unlicensed firearms and ammunition to the law enforcement agencies without facing prosecutions. The amnesty ends September 30.