爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-11 15:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Minister of Home Affairs Clement Rohee has promised to disclose the mystery surrounding the ‘missing’ $90M that was earmarked to feed police ranks during the last General Elections.The Minister assured this newspaper last night that he will be issuing a statement on the matter which has attracted negative attention in several quarters of the society. Rohee however did not say when he will make the disclosure.There has been a deafening silence surrounding the money,Wholesale Jerseys, after police commanders had indicated that they never received a cent during the Force’s inlying period before and after the general elections.Minister of Home Affairs Clement RoheeDuring last November’s General and Regional Elections, police ranks had complained bitterly about the quality, and in some cases, lack of food while they were inlying in the various barracks throughout the country.They were told that the government had not provided money to the Force for their upkeep.But as it turned out, that was a big lie; the government had budgeted a whopping $90M for such a purpose.This, according to a source, was revealed by a senior government official who had expressed dismay at the fact that the ranks were shabbily treated.According to the Schedule of Supplementary Provision on the Current and Capital Estimates for the period 2011-10-05 to 2011-12-31, the government made advances from the Contingencies Fund to the tune of $90,649,200 to the Guyana Police Force through the Ministry of Home Affairs.This amount was to “meet additional expenditure for the General and Regional Election 2011; for feeding rural constables working on elections day; for feeding of police ranks inlyned (sic) and to meet expenditure associated with intensification of patrols in and around the city.”The opposition in the National Assembly has already blocked the passage of the motion by the government who are seeking approval for $2.2M in advances from the Contingencies Fund, of which the $90M is a part.Since this newspaper published the revealing article, two weeks ago,Cheap NFL Jerseys, there has been no response from the Force’s hierarchy or the Ministry of Home Affairs.This newspaper had reported that a probe is underway to determine how the money was used and several Divisional Commanders have given statements to the investigators, indicating that they were not in receipt of any cash to purchase ration for their ranks who were inlying for a one-week period during the elections.While many Commanders have refused to comment on the matter, the usually outspoken Assistant Commissioner David Ramnarine, who was in charge of the Interior Division during the elections,Cheap NFL Jerseys, was not restrained.In an invited comment he said that for him, it does not matter who is investigating, who is benefiting, and what comes out of the investigation, because he believes that it will all end up to be a “big joke, which is nothing strange in this country.”“What I will say is this, as I have said before and which I had already communicated to the ranks under my command,Cheap Jerseys, David Ramnarine did not receive a single cent. Much less, I was asked to seek the support of the miners and businessmen, particularly from the Bartica district, to fund feeding and other issues during the elections,” Ramnarine said.Ramnarine, who is now the Commander of the East Coast Demerara Division,Cheap Air Max 270 Womens, said that he was asked o submit a statement on the matter to the Police’s Office of Professional Responsibility, which is carrying out the investigation.He said that in his statement, he chronicled the financial challenges he faced in the sprawling Division he once commanded.The interior Division was the first to start the movement of ballot boxes several days before the November 28 polls.“I am fully aware that the statements I made on television in January would have irked certain officials. And what I said then, I will repeat now, that God and businessmen and miners carried me through,” Ramnarine declared.A few weeks ago on a television programme, at least two other commanders had expressed their gratitude to members of the business community.Ranmarine’s statements did not go down well with the Home Affairs Minister,Cheap China Jerseys, who openly expressed his displeasure over what he described as the leaking of classified information to the media by senior officers of the Guyana Police Force.Addressing officers at their annual conference on Thursday, last, the Minister said, “There are some in our midst who think that they are doing the Force good by helping to grease those sections of the Media hostile to the Law Enforcement Agencies by providing