爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2105
用戶失蹤天數 1881
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-25 20:31 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Dear Editor,Brett Pesce Jersey,?????????I deliberately held off writing on the issues being raised in this letter due to my sense of political responsibility and my desire to be objective and fair in my criticisms of the political and social forces in the society. I felt it was important to give the political players an opportunity to speak to the issue but, in the wake of the deafening silence from particularly the political opposition and civil society on a matter that is so fundamental to the so called emerging democracy,Cheap Nike Huarache Shoes, I am forced late as it is to intervene. It should be noted that except for the WPA, which issued a press release on August 21, 2012 (which incidentally was not given the light of day by any of the so called independent media houses) none, not one of the political opposition parties sought to intervene in this matter. This says something about the “champions of democracy”.Dr. David Hinds recently made public several acts of harassment he and his family were subjected to as a result of his activism, before and during, the Linden crisis.This letter is aimed at doing three main things (1) to express my solidarity with the Hinds’ family; (2) to endorse all the statements Dr. Hinds made in his address at the WPA sponsored public meetings at Stabroek Market Square and Buxton Line Top; I was present and also spoke on both occasions? and I am in a very good position to say what was and was not said at those meetings; and (3) to denounce the public threats made to the lives of Dr. Hinds and the members of the leadership of the WPA.I have,Nike Air Vapor Max Flyknit, since its return to office in 1992, been paying rapt attention to the PPPC‘s behavior, in particular that party’s evolving political culture. During this period I have been examining the ruling party and government responses to political dissent by citizens.I have concluded that the events describe d by Dr. Hinds are consistent in all respects with previous maneuverings of the regime and its agents, official and unofficial, against their political opponents. Guyanese are familiar with the recent and not so recent history of state and party repression and should therefore have no difficulty understanding what forces are involved in these acts of political intimidation.Dr. Hinds informed us that his daughter has for some time, been receiving phone calls, telling her that they are aware that she is Hinds’ daughter and her father is an enemy of and a danger to the government. No right thinking Guyanese will believe that these constant phone calls to Hinds’ daughter are anything but the work of agents of the regime. It is well known, and this was stated very eloquently in Parliament on July by none other than Minister of Home Affairs, Clement Rohee, that opponents of the government including political activists, businesspersons, human rights activists and civil society elements are constantly under the microscope and by extension become victims of party/state harassment tactics.Dr. Hinds has also revealed that his employers have received numerous emails from persons claiming to be representatives of the Guyana government who accused Hinds of plotting to kill the President and planning to overthrow the government of Guyana. Guyanese are politically,Alexander Steen Jersey, intelligent and are capable of weighing the pros and cons of issues before coming to political judgment. I am sure most Guyanese have rejected as asinine any suggestion that persons emailing Hinds’ employers are acting independent of the rulers. The PPPC regime’s record of applying overt and covert pressure on the employers of its political opponent at home and aboard is underscored in the Carl Greenidge and Dr. Richard Van West affairs. Greenidge’s contract with Caricom was not renewed as a result of then Minister Manzoor Nadir expressing to the Caricom Secretary General the Guyana Government’s displeasure with a statement Greenidge was purported to have made at the late Winston Murray’s funeral. Dr. Van West Charles,Nike Air Max Cheap Wholesale, an employee of a foreign agency, was accused by the Guyana Government of doing political work in Guyana while being in the employment of that agency.Hinds also stated that since his visits to Linden he was under constant scrutiny by the security forces.His final revelation was that his home was broken into and two computers and a small quantity of jewelry taken away.This is a very serious matter because it has very grave political implications. I deliberately decided to list it last, since on this issue because of the ongoing police investigations. However, in light of the above mentio