爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-27 23:45 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– has to respond to allegations within seven daysThe Guyana Medical Council has met with embattled physician Dr. Vishwamintra Persaud, who was convicted in the US for a sexual offence against a minor.Chairman of the Medical Council, Dr. Sheik Amir, confirmed that Persaud met with the Council on Monday, but declined to comment further on the matter.However,Andrej Sekera Jersey, Kaieteur News understands that the Council is to write to the physician regarding new information that has come to the members. According to the sources, the Council will request that Dr. Persaud state why he should not be sanctioned. He reportedly has to respond within seven days.Members of both the past and present Council have said that they were unaware of the physician’s conviction in the US.The Council had also said that Dr. Persaud misled its members by submitting an expired certificate of registration and by failing to reveal that his registration had been revoked. He was granted institutional registration, which allowed him to practise at the GPHC.Director of Medical Services Dr. Madan Rambarran had told Kaietuer News that the past Council and GPHC officials knew “up-front” that Dr. Persaud was a convicted sex felon and that his licence had been revoked.In a statement to the previous Medical Council,Supply Cheapest Soccer Jerseys, Dr. Persaud claimed that he was framed by his wife and a young female relative. He was giving his explanation as to why the New York Department of Health was refusing to give him a Certificate of Good Standing so he could work in Guyana.Dr. Persaud alleged that he and his wife were having marital problems revolving around infidelity.The physician stated that in 2008, he slapped his five-year-old son after the child “repeatedly hit me on my shin, and subsequently he slapped me.”He said that this led to the teacher questioning his son about his face the following day. Dr. Persaud said that the matter was reported to Social Services, who questioned his wife and step children.He explained that his wife has a 17-year-old daughter from a prior marriage.“Due to the fact that my wife was angry at me over our marital issues, she and her daughter unknowing to me framed me, making allegations that I had on a few occasions touched (a female relative of his wife’s) inappropriately,” the statement said.Dr. Persaud stated that he was subsequently charged with attempted course of sexual misconduct against a minor. According to the physician, his lawyer advised him to take a plea bargain to “try to save my medicallicense”.The physician alleged that his case was tried in Long Island,Nike Air Max 2018 Release, “a white kangaroo court that is very prejudiced. I was given a class E felony, the lowest class.”Dr. Persaud stated that he then went to the Department of Health,Nike Free Run Shoes On Sale, which stated that “while I was an excellent doctor and had no malpractice case against me that they just needed to make sure that I was not a threat to my patients.”“I voluntarily went to a forensic psychologist who clearly said I was no danger to society but they did not care. Also I went to individual and group therapy for two years, and I am eligible to reapply for my license in December 2011.“However, I have left the USA to come work here in Guyana. I have contacted the Department of Health to obtain a Certificate of Good Standing. They said they cannot give me one saying that I am in good standing.”Dr. Vishwamintra Persaud, formerly of Lot 308 A East 15th Street, New York, pleaded guilty on April 18, 2008, to an attempted course of sexual misconduct against a child of the second degree, in violation of New York penal law Section 110 and 130(1) (b); a class E felony.The incident is said to have occurred in 2003 and ended in 2007.On June 11,Wholesale MLB Jerseys, 2008, Dr. Persaud was sentenced to an eight-year order of protection, ten years probation, a US$2,Cheap Adidas Superstar,500 fine and various fees and surcharges.During a hearing on November 19, 2008 before the New York State Board for Professional Medical Conduct, Dr. Persaud admitted that he had committed a crime, but argued that he should not lose his license because of the exceptional quality of his? medical practice and because therapy had transformed him into a person that would not commit a similar act.The three-member Committee dismissed these arguments. After the hearing, the State of New York Department of Health ordered the Guyanese physician to hand over his license and registration certificate to the Board of Professional Medical Conduct.