爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2075
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-7-28 21:08 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– perturbed about garbage in LindenBy Enid JoaquinHenry Pearson, presently based in Trinidad, was born,Cheap Nike Air Max Wholesale, bred and raised in Old England, Linden, and therefore feels committed to making his old hometown a better place,Nike Air Force One Shoes Women, by assisting in its development.Old England is one of the communities that sits almost in the midst of where most of the bauxite mining in Linden, has taken place over the years.Henry Pearson and familyUnfortunately, however, there is a lot that is lacking there, including adequate social amenities, a good road and potable water.So on a recent visit with his wife and two children over the festive season, Pearson took the opportunity to talk to the residents about the ways that he plans to help in the development of the community.Three ways he identified were, making the area a litter free zone, beautifying it, and building a concrete road from Old England to Nottinghamshire, some three miles away.Pearson said that he is particularly perturbed about the prevalence of garbage in the Linden community generally, but is even more concerned about this issue in Old England.While he admits that the amount of garbage in Old England is miniscule, compared to other communities in and around Linden, he is worried that there is garbage, period.He pointed out that in Trinidad,Mens Nike Air Max 2018 Shoes, where he lives, people would stop their cars and other vehicles to pick up garbage and dispose of it in an appropriate way. The same is done on the beaches, where, he said, no litter is left.“But here in Guyana it is different, you see people in vehicles and they are throwing garbage into the streets, which is really very sad and bad. It gives the country a bad name and image.“People talk about Guyana being a nasty place, and that is not nice. If we want to encourage people to come here- if we want to attract tourists, we have to clean up the place; and not just clean up, we have to stop littering.”During?his visit, Pearson presented members of the Old England D&I group with cleaning implements, including cutlasses, to assist in their efforts to keep the community clean.Pearson said that he went to live in Trinidad almost ten years ago, but has never lost touch with his hometown.“The first time I came back was in 2008, after spending about four years in Trinidad, and I always resolved in my heart to do something here, to help make this place a tourist attraction.“Recently, I came up with the idea of planting some of our famous trees, along our roadway, which would help to beautify the community, and which would encourage other people to come and visit and probably do the same in their communities. I also intend to later distribute some garbage bins to the community.“I believe that we have to start doing things for ourselves, and it is only then that people would be encouraged to help us-—so everything starts with us.I also decided to look into building a concrete road starting from my mother’s house and reaching as far as the area of the old Golf club at Sarapana.”In Paramen where I live (that is in the north coast of Maracas), the residents themselves built this concrete road,Nike Off White The Ten, many many years ago, and it is one of the best roads- the thickness of the concrete is about six inches.There are no potholes. It is a perfect road.“My wife’s great, great, grandfather, born and grow on that same road, and it is still there, and this man is a hundred and eight years old.“So I started in a small way by distributing these cleaning implements, and soon we will be looking at starting a concrete road here. I will buy the cement, but residents would be expected to give of their labour.”Pearson said that the road that he has earmarked to rehabilitate is along the old train line tracks leading to the area of Nottinghamshire.He added that he has gotten commitments of support? from some of his friends in Trinidad, including his boss.“They are just waiting on me to make a start, and then they will step right on board.’His wife,New Jersey Devils Gear, Geraldine,Nike Air Max Shoes For Men, said that she will support him all the way in any venture he undertakes to improve his old community.