爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2075
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-13 05:06 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…Surujbally reacts to complaints by political partiesThe head of the country’s elections commission,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, Dr Steve Surujbally, says that the commission is no “godfather” to whom political parties and others should run to complain of every little thing.“One should not be using GECOM,J.R. Smith Jersey, at least not now, as some sort of godfather,Cheap NFL Jerseys, and come whining for every little transgression…,Cheap Jerseys,” Dr Steve Surujbally, chairman of the Guyana Elections Commission (GECOM) said yesterday.Dr Surujbally was speaking at a press conference yesterday. He confined his comments to the adherence of political parties to the code of conduct they signed.The major contenders in the campaign for the November 28 polls have been accusing each other of breaching the code and have been calling on GECOM to pronounce on those breaches.The incumbent PPP/C, only this week, accused supporters of the opposition coalition APNU of disrupting its meeting at Victoria, East Coast Demerara.“Once you have to go to the Police! That’s my statement on that,” Surujbally declared from his High Street, Kingston, Georgetown office.He told reporters to expect a statement from political parties deploring,CHeap NFL Jerseys China, “in the strongest terms,” their supporters who are doing things inimical to the parties’ interests.“If I can get the three or the four or the five contestants for the position of president and leaders of their parties…to sit at one table and together sign a document, I will so do.“But even before that happens,China Jerseys Cheap, and I am not holding my breath that that will happen, the political parties will almost surely come out with a statement not only disassociating themselves, but decrying what we’re seeing evolving,” he said.The police, on Thursday, said that they are investigating reports that five supporters of the PPP/C were assaulted and kerosene thrown on one of them at a public meeting held by the PPP/C Wednesday in an Access Road at Victoria Village.The force called on all political parties to advise their supporters to exercise restraint at this time.“Any political party should be free to hold a political meeting anywhere in Guyana without being confronted and assaulted or having their meeting disturbed by supporters of another party,” a statement from Police headquarters said.The force reminded parties concerned that they have signed a Code of Conduct and they should conform to the prescribed behaviour.“The force will leave no stone unturned to ensure that it investigates allegations of breaches of the law at political meetings by supporters of any political party.“In fact, members of the police force working at these meetings and responding to any reports of disorderly conduct at the political meeting have been advised to take firm action against those concerned in order to avoid situations getting out of hand.”