爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 3819 ☼
註冊 2018-7-5
用戶註冊天數 2094
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-13 23:07 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Vanessa Valz is our ‘Special Person’“Not everything is for money…voluntary work can be quite satisfying.” By Tusika MartinShe is not as old or experienced as many of the other ‘Special Persons’ this newspaper has featured, but Vanessa Valz has already made significant contributions to development of youths and families in society.Her life has been unbelievable thus far, losing both of her parents at critical but different junctures in her life.On Friday,Curry Basketball Shoes For Sale, in the midst of moving from West Demerara to now live in Hadfield Street, Lodge, in the busy capital, Vanessa took a break and sat with me to talk about her life.At 29 years old,Asics Kayano 23 Pas Cher, the ‘baby’ in the family can be described as the ‘energy bunny’. She has been a selfless volunteer for most of her life.Vanessa ValzVanessa was born in Berbice, but moved to Linden,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, since her father who was a Customs Officer was stationed there. By the time she was six years old, the sole breadwinner of her family, her 36-year-old father,Asics Dynaflyte 2 Mens, died as a result of a ruptured artery due to high blood pressure. This resulted in her family moving to Georgetown but shortly afterwards relocating to the West Coast of Demerara.“That was a very difficult period because mommy had to take care of five of us. She used to sell icicles and ice to supplement the earnings. It was hard as we were all small,” Vanessa recounted as she tucked herself in the chair next to me.Vanessa has three sisters and one adopted brother. Ever since she was a teenager, she was very enthusiastic about teaching children and as such she began giving instructions at ‘Sunday School.’This led to her also mentoring children who were desirous of getting closer to God, thus she moved up another step and began teaching confirmation classes.It has been 12 years since she started teaching these classes and today she still does so.“I love working for God as I have been teaching Sunday school for 12 years now and confirmation classes for almost as long as that.”Unlike many persons her age,Nike Air Max Damen G??nstig, Vanessa, has not yet settled on a specific career or focused on marriage or building a family at the moment, but laughingly she told me that eventually she would love to do all these things.She briefly related that she had had the experience of a broken heart after being madly in love in her younger days, and told me with a smile that she is now waiting on her ‘Knight in shining armour’.The former St. Stanislaus College student had many career dreams as a child.“I wanted to be an airhostess, I wanted to be a ballerina, a doctor… but now I want to go into Ministry and study Theology.”Vanessa (standing second from left) has been a selfless volunteer for most of her life.She said that her career choice of ministering was chosen since she does not get the ‘satisfaction of studying other things.’“It’s like a real burden to study things that are not related to ministry,” she said quite frankly.After leaving school, she began working at the then Guyana Electricity Corporation but moved on to Banks DIH Limited because of her interest in microbiology.She later worked at a city Bank and according to her “that was not the most pleasant experience for me.”Vanessa then reminisced that because her mother was a very religious person it helped her and siblings to stay in church.She related that when she first joined the Mother’s Union, an organization that is associated with much more mature women, everyone found it strange that she was so active in that body, particularly as it is popularly the domain of married women.“I grew up seeing my mother in the union and she was quite young when she joined…and so I saw the work they were doing and when I was old enough I thought that I would love to do these voluntary things as well…I saw how they really cared for people and I wanted to be involved in that.”Vanessa is the Regional leader for the districts of the West Coast of Demerara and East Bank of Essequibo, which consist of seven churches. She is also the Public Relations Officer for the women-based organization.Her service to the Mother’s Union is strictly voluntary.At present,Nike Basketball Shoes Clearance Sale, she is the Administrative Assistance at the Diocese of Guyana.Apart from her voluntary work, this active 29-year-old sings and loves ballroom dancing.As a part-facilitator in the group, Vanessa has designed a programme for members to visit the West Demerara Regional Hospital once per month.“We take things for the patients and encourage the