爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 3819 ☼
註冊 2018-7-5
用戶註冊天數 2093
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-16 22:58 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Assistant Commissioner of Police George Vyphuis has filed a lawsuit against Social Activist, Mark Benschop, seeking $20M in damages for libel and defamation of character.The suit stems from publications on Benschop’s website guyanaobservernews.org. Social Activist Mark BenschopAssistant Commissioner of Police George VyphuisVyphuis, through his attorneys,Cheap Jerseys China, Sanjeev Datadin and Mohamed Ali,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, is seeking an ex-parte injunction from the court, restraining Benschop and his servants or agents from further publishing the allegation that the plaintiff uttered or apologised for the conduct of the President and the Government of Guyana and/ or the People’s Progressive Party ought to be voted out of office.He also wants the court to restrain Benschop from further publishing that Vyphuis was not executing the duties of his office in a professional manner or was taking orders from the political directorate.In his affidavit in support of his move to the court, Vyphuis, the Commander of the Police ‘A’ Division, stated that on December 27, last, Benschop falsely and maliciously published or caused to be published on his website a photograph of the Assistant Commissioner of Police and Benschop which was accompanied by a caption.The caption read,Jerseys From China, “In photo: Vyphus is saying sorry for arresting Mr. Benschop in the past. He is of the view that the PPP and Jagdeo have gotten out of hand, and need to be voted out of office.”According to Vyphuis, the caption and content of the publication is “wholly false and libelous and is designed to mislead the public, damage my character and reputation and adversely affect my image publicly and in the eyes of my fellow policemen, including gravely diminishing the perception of my professionalism in the eyes of my superior officers and functional superiors and colleagues; additionally it will no doubt lower me in the eyes of right thinking members of society.”He explained that at the time the photograph was taken, he was standing in the Brickdam Police Station compound along with three other officers, discussing the Division’s Christmas luncheon,Cheap Mens Adidas Basketball Shoes, when Benschop approached him and enquired about a matter.Vyphuis stated that at the time of the exchange, Mr. Freddie Kissoon, who was also in the Brickdam compound took a photograph of him chatting with Benschop.“The respondent has twisted and made my appearance into a total fabrication of a conversation attributing statement(s) to me which I never made,Discount NFL Jerseys,” Vyphuis stated.The Assistant Commissioner of Police said that he had cause to issue a public response to “the scandalous and mischievous publication…”He also accused Benschop of falsely stating on his website subsequently,Cheap NBA Jerseys China, that Vyphuis had issued threats to him.The affidavit went on to point out that Benschop in response to his public statement, alleged that Vyphuis was not independent and accused him of being a puppet of the government of Guyana.Vyphuis also claimed that Benschop on his website published his photograph along with a caption, “Did these men kill their wives?”This Vyphuis claimed is also libelous and designed to mislead the public.Benschop is ordered to appear in court today before Justice James Bovell-Drakes to file a response to Vyphuis’ application.Legal sources have indicated that the matter could see a landmark ruling on the role of the court over what is carried on the internet.