爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 3819 ☼
註冊 2018-7-5
用戶註冊天數 2123
用戶失蹤天數 1882
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-8-23 13:50 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Canadian based Guyanese Ganesh Ramraj is making a difference in the lives of the youths of Independence Boulevard, Georgetown.Eight years ago while visiting his homeland,NBA Jerseys From China, Ramjag started his own youth development project at the area popularly known as “The Island”‘The Island’ has a population of no more than 500 persons. It is located between Albouystown and Castello Housing Scheme.“I grew up here, so basically, my project is all about helping to improve the social environment for the young people in the area,China NFL Jerseys, giving them a place to play and have fun and recreate.”Ganesh RamrajAs such, “G. Ramraj Community youth development, ‘building communities one child at time’”, the brainchild of the Canadian based man has been established to mould the social capacity of young people.The project has initiated clean up exercises,Wholesale Jerseys 2018, feeding programmes and other charitable endeavours to aid in the socio-economic wellbeing of the residents of Independence Boulevard“The idea came to me as I was sitting on my verandah one day and I saw two small children playing in the half of a wrecked car. It angered me to see this because I grew here and played here. I decided that had to do something and the very next day I started work on constructing a playfield for the kids in the neighbourhood. I hired machinery to have the area cleared and cleaned up.”“I held a community meeting,Curry 1 Lux Mid Leather, and all members of community, those who could assist in whatever way, pitched in. It is my personal vision to see the living standards of this area improve. For me, a community is like a family and I believe that bringing the kids together will help to foster a relationship that one day they would come together to make the community a better place for all to live.”Although, Mr Ramjag is of Hindu persuasion,Authentic Adidas Hockey Jerseys China, he maintains that his work with the project has nothing to do with his spiritual upbringing. The Car Dealership Manager said that reaching out to others gives him a form of fulfillment, which he cannot acquire doing any other thing.“I personally don’t like the idea of having this in the press but it was a friend’s idea. I just love helping people out especially little kids because I am contributing to my birth place and hope that other overseas based Guyanese would do the same for their individual communities. I just believe with a little bit of help we can change things. Every year around Diwali I’m in Guyana specifically to celebrate and do some work with the children.”Ramjag, who visits Guyana frequently, is considering returning to home to reside permanently.The area that is being transformed into a playfield for children“I have had politicians the Mayor and other important people come to the community and speak to the children…? I’ m just trying to inspire the kids to become great adults.”The project is supported by freewill donors“I have fundraisers in Canada. I don’t have a lot of money but basically what I get is contributions for the project from friends and other persons. However, whether big or small,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, monetary or not, a little goes a long way.”