爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2074
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-16 11:05 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
“You know, there is that saying, that the devil finds work for idle hands? That is why we are committed to help keep our youths so preoccupied with positive pursuits, such as sports and other activities, that they won’t have the time, or feel the need, to engage in negative or self-destructive activities.”By Enid Joaquin He is one of those people, who, regardless of their personal achievement, and obvious success, never loses touch with the common folk – is never too big to visit the ghettos, and connects with the ‘homeboys’, and certainly never forgets where he came from.He is also one of the very few adults, who is forever cognizant of his own challenges and struggles as a youth, and can readily empathize with, and encourage today’s youths in his quest to help steer them away from most of the negative pursuits that somehow always seem most alluring to the young and gullible.Renis MorianRenis Morian, our special person this week, has as they say ‘been there, done that!’ So with such abundant experience, who better to seek to help our youths, to rise above their challenges?Morian has certainly come a long way from the days when he was a member of the “No Collar Gang”, while still at school. They numbered about twenty five,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, and our erstwhile ‘bad boy’, exhibiting leadership skills even at that tender age, was the head of the notorious group.Gambling, girls, parties and violent behaviour were second nature in those days.For most of the gang, that way of life would ultimately lead to their violent deaths.But Renis was lucky – he quit before it was too late, and today he is thankful to God, and for the advice of an elderly woman, which he heeded.“This woman told me that I would lose my life, if I didn’t change my lifestyle.?At?the time, I was seriously violent – seriously aggressive, and very protective of family.”Though he did not at the time recognize it, her words had a great impact on his life, as he would later change, and started to go to church.He is now more than equipped to guide youths away from those pursuits that can ultimately destroy them, the way it destroyed fourteen of his accomplices so many years ago.Coming out of a broken home, Morian’s life was never smooth sailing. He grew up in Delph Street, Campbellville and attended Campbellville Government School, Comenius Moravian School and the Guyana Progressive College.He dropped out of school in fourth form, but later returned upon the advice of his headmaster.“My Headmaster Mr Gopaul came home and begged me to return to school. He said even if you don’t like my school and don’t want to come back, just find a school and go back to school.”Morian admits that things back then were ‘not easy’, but he returned to school.“When I wrote the College of Preceptors, it was a neighbour who paid the fee for me, which was only thirty dollars, and my mother paid it back over a period of time. But I was successful – I even gained a number of distinctions, despite all the challenges.”He would later take up the post of a Teacher at the age of seventeen at the Helena Government School, at Mahaica.“The Headmaster at the time was Mr Jeeboo, and he was a source of real encouragement to me, he had me serve with him in teaching the Common Entrance class”.Morian (extreme left) recently presented twenty-five students from the Harmony Secondary School,Arian Foster Dolphins Jersey, who are preparing to write CSEC next year, with backpacks and school supplies.That teaching stint was however short-lived, when he absconded after there was talk of him having to enroll in the teacher’s training college.During that time he would meet a preacher by the name of Malcolm Sobers who encouraged him to go to Church. But he was conflicted, because there was the new gang that he had established at Mahaica, there were the girls, and now there was this preacher encouraging him to go to church.The Church would eventually win out, after he moved to Linden with his mother and siblings, who had landed jobs in the mining town.“In those days Linden was prosperous, so it was easy to get a job. After I came here,Clearance Hockey Jerseys, I joined the Fruits of Calvary Church, and I also got a job at the Surapana Farm as a labourer. That however, created a furor in the church and among my friends, who wanted to know,Air Max 90 EZ Australia, why I would jump from being a teacher, to being a labourer on a farm.But I had my reasons – the job provided me with some money, and time to study.??At the time I was reading for my ‘A’ levels in Economics and writing five more subjects at ‘O’ levels.But after awhile realizing that I needed more time to study I left the job, and I would be at