爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2075
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-19 23:31 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Sunita SamarooCity Mayor, Hamilton GreenIt’s not often a journalist gets a straight answer out of Hamilton Green. But, there is one issue on which the 80-year-old is unequivocal: his retirement.Sixty two years after he first entered politics in Guyana, the city’s longest standing Mayor shies from stating what his move in the next Local Government Election will be. Just how long has this familiar face been Mayor?“Too long,” Green chuckles. Three months shy of 81 years old, the city Mayor has been maneuvering his way around the political arena since 1953.? He has been sitting in the city’s Mayoral chair since 1996,Maillot Psg Pas Cher, the last time the country has had Local Government Elections.Under the 23-year rule of the People’s Progressive Party/Civic (PPP/C), Local Government Elections have not been a common feature. Now, with the change in government,Bayern Trikot Ausw?rts 18/19, Green says he is anxious to pass on the mantle and share his experiences, as a statesman, at what he calls an interesting stage in the country’s development.“I’ve been frustrated and strangulated for the past 23 years,” Greene divulges, alluding to the situations which existed under the PPP/C rule.As he explained how the Mayor and City Council (M&CC) has been suffocated by government, Green pointed out several initiatives the Council undertook, which were geared towards broadening its revenue base and benefiting the City populace but were subsequently shut down by the then government.“It’s only because I am a strong person I stayed. The PPP set out to frustrate the operations of the City and the last three years with Sooba (Former acting Town Clerk, Carol Sooba) has been madness,” Green commented.Green believes change is on the horizon. He intends to continue offering his knowledge and expertise in the public service.“I’ve had discussions with my party and I believe with three generations of public service, I have quite a bit to offer this nation as it has embarked on its road to reconstruction and at the philosophical level for a moral and spiritual revival,” said Green.He added, “I have the energy and I believe the mental faculties that should allow me to serve for many more years to come.”For him though, it may not be Hamilton Green holding the office of Mayor. His upcoming political choices, the Mayor said, were well thought over and discussed with his family.There is the likelihood that he will serve in other capacities.“It was a long road of frustrations. I’m physically fit, mentally alert and my faculties are intact. I am not in the business of retirement. It is not on my agenda,” said the long serving politician.A former Prime Minister, Green has been in the political arena since before Guyana gained Independence, and he is a far way from bringing the curtains down on his political life.The Mayor promises to be on the campaign trail with his usual vigor,Maillot Alphonse Areola, supporting whoever his party decides to push forward in the upcoming Local Government Elections.Green, more known for his roles in the People’s National Congress (PNC), says it is unclear how his party will be contesting the upcoming Local Government Elections (LGE),Fc Bayern M?nchen Fanshop, whether as part of a coalition which currently runs the government or not.While the politician would not divulge whether he is interested in being Mayor for yet another term, sources close to his family have said that they are against him re-contesting for Mayoral office.For Green, however, service runs in his veins. With the ascension of the Partnership for National Unity and Alliance for Change to government, Green has made clear that he is willing to serve at any other level as the party sees fit.“The frustration has ended. I’ve worked all my life for this day but that is no reason to hold onto this public office. I am willing to serve at any level that my experience in government, dealing with people and vast working in Guyana allows,” said Green.He hopes that in the few years to come, President David Granger and his Cabinet transforms Guyana into a great country. “Education,Maillot Psg Femme Personnalis?,” he said,Arjen Robben Trikot Kinder, “must be the lynchpin of our development. Change will not take place overnight.”