爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 3819 ☼
註冊 2018-7-5
用戶註冊天數 2093
用戶失蹤天數 1852
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-20 02:09 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Kiana Wilburg“We knew the corrupt empire would crumble one day,” was the general mantra of? thousands of GuyanesePresident in waiting, David Grangerwho flooded the city streets, yesterday, after they learnt that the coalition party—A Partnership for National Unity plus Alliance for Change (APNU+AFC) has won the 2015 election with some 5,000 votes.It was an emotional moment for many who felt as though they had been redeemed. Many citizens were on their knees in the streets, with arms outstretched to the heavens, screaming, “Freedom!”The tense business community in and around Georgetown was also elated at the news. Some would be closed for “good reason” today.“I wanted to close up because business was slow but after hearing that the coalition is in the lead, I need to get home. I want to hug my three daughters because I know under this new government we will have a better chance at life.“I know they will have opportunities…I am so happy,” the 38-year-old said while hurrying to close his Regent Street business.Richard Singh,Maillot Psg Pas Cher, a businessman said,Tee Shirt Psg Femme, “It’s been a long time coming and I think it was justifiable that the APNU/AFC coalition party won. Everyone saw what was happening with this country and voted on the actual issues.”Abu Bascom, a 37-year-old businessman, said, “I think it’s great that they won the elections and I am looking forward to a better Guyana. I am hoping that we have unity.“Guyana is a great country and once we work together we can make itA section of the crowd at APNU+AFC’s campaign officeone of the best places in the world.”Outside the APNU+AFC’s headquarters in Queenstown was a mini-Mashramani parade. Residents poured in by the hundreds in front of the headquarters, adorned in their green and yellow costumes screaming for the APNU+AFC Presidential Candidate, David Granger.For several hours, the exuberant crowd sang and danced in the rain, blocking traffic at Albert and Crown Streets and setting off many firecrackers.One woman who could not tame her gyrating hips said, “Man, I am so happy, like the song seh, ‘Wuh we want is Granger and Nagamootoo.’ We are on the road to victory. We are on our way to having a better Guyana. It is our time and we need to celebrate. For 20 something years, we were enslaved by the PPP/C. Today is my emancipation day. I am free and I can breathe again.”Another asserted, “I’m relishing the moment; I’m enjoying it…I’m happy that people came out and gave their support to the APNU+AFC coalition…The people have spoken today and this is a clear reflection of what they want and also what Guyana needs moving forward.”There was much celebration in parts of Sophia,Maillot Psg 2018/19, Kitty,Maillot Psg 2018/19 Pas Cher, Albouystown, East La Penitence and Campbellville, too.Many residents were purchasing several cases of alcoholic beverages, for celebrations throughout the weekend.One Kitty businessman said, “I am so happy, so excited. Is drinks for my entire neighbourhood. Prices slashed. The people been suffering for too long. For years this government got the people just coming in and running us out of business.“They make the market so unfair and hard for the average man to make a dollar. Now we have the Granger-Nagamootoo team and I will follow them wherever they going. They will take us out this hell.”In several quarters of downtown Georgetown, the happiness had already taken over. Many were too happy to contain themselves.One youth said, “I feel really good, I worked hard during the campaign and it has finally paid off.”Sister Jackie, a vendor, said, “I’m happy in the Lord… we have been praying and asking God for the election. He has given it. God was looking at what his children were going through and he has said enough is enough.“This reminds me of the story with Pharaoh, when he held the Israelites captive. God grew an Israelite, Moses, to deliver his people. And God stepped in and said let my people go… Thank God, Mr. Granger and Mr. Nagamootoo have stepped in because our grandchildren would have suffered another five years of the PPP/C.”Other supporters who paraded along the streets were heard chanting, “It is time for freedom…”There were those who returned to Guyana after many years and were also part of yesterday’s early festivities.On overseas-based Guyanese, Richard Smith, was overwhelmed that the APNU+AFC emerged victorious in the election. He recalled his days of working alongside Granger in the Guyana Defense Force (GDF) when he served as a Second Lieutenant.But while the celebrations were going on,Manuel Neuer Trikot Bayern, the coalition has called on all Guyanese to remain calm and respectful even as the