爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2075
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-22 08:30 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
–?? ?former addict Sheikh Shamshudeen tells of his struggle By Rehanna Ramsay His story is one of death and redemption. After several years of struggling to break a cycle of addiction to alcohol and drugs, Sheikh Shamshudeen is on a mission to save others from the damning struggle.? Sheikh as he prefers to be called tells his story.“I grew in Cane Grove on the East Coast but in teens, after my parents separated I went to live with my mother in Mon Repos. There, while liming with the older boys at School I got my first taste of alcohol and marijuana.”Now 45 years old, Sheikh said that his introduction to drugs and alcohol in his teens led to a life of addiction. He explained that addiction is often subtle.“I wanted to fit in with the Street boys, it started off with just one or two drinks or a puff or two. Then the parties; you enjoy yourself. It seems harmless but in time you are hooked and can’t do without the high.”Party daysSheikh explained how his life spiraled out of control, due to heavy alcohol consumption.“I married and moved to St Kitts & Nevis. While in Nevis,cheap nfl jerseys online, I lived a party lifestyle, I partied and drank a lot; it caused domestic problems between my wife and me …and she eventually left me.”Distraught,Cheap NFL Football Jerseys, Sheikh said that he attempted suicide. “I drank a mixture of pills and ended up in the hospital for days before regaining consciousness. When I came to myself, my mother was standing beside my bed. She pleaded with me to return home, but I stayed on the island a while longer.”DeathIn 1991, after living overseas for 12 years,Cheap NFL Jerseys, Sheikh returned to Guyana, but that was also the year that he would meet his biggest demon yet,Wholesale Jerseys From China, cocaine.“When I came home, I hooked up with some old friends and we began to hang.”Still very much a heavy drinker, one of Sheikh’s closest friends invited him to a popular drinking spot one night, where he had his first taste of cocaine.“From the first day I took that smoke I never get back that high and kept searching for it. That took my life in a whole other direction. I lost touch with the world.”From alcoholic to drug addict Sheikh says his story was one of death and redemption.It was a miserable painful lonely period for Sheikh as he succumbed to his addiction.“I dissolved everything to fulfill my craving for the cocaine. I sold everything —my house, my furniture, everything even. When I didn’t have, I stole to support my habit. I became a complete junkie.”Sheikh was now homeless. On the streets,cheap jerseys, his life deteriorated. “I was like any other junkie you see out there— dirty, smelly, wrapped up with cloth and so…”The promiseIt was while living on the streets of Georgetown that Sheikh‘s father visited him.“He had returned from the United States and heard of my condition. He came to see me; he saw my deterioration. He made several promises to me but told me that he would only help me if I got help; that I would have to join Rehab.“I was not concentrating on that I was only trying to get what was in his pockets.”Several months later, Sheikh finally opted to take the challenge of enrolling him into a rehabilitation facility, but overcoming his addiction was the last thing on his mind.“All I thought of was all the promises my father had made to me if got into to rehab and possibly kicked my addiction. I stayed clean for six months.” But before long Sheikh was out on the streets again,Wholesale Jerseys Cheap, his condition worsened.RedemptionThis time, Sheikh remained there for three years, he was sitting just after getting high before he heard someone call his name.It was a recovering addict whom he had met during his time in Rehab. “Come quickly!” the familiar voice said. “The captains would like to see you.”From then Sheikh’s life changed drastically. He met Captains Matignol and Murielle Saint-Lot. The couple had tremendous influence on his life.“I enrolled in the Salvation Army Rehabilitation unit in Kingston … I met Mr. John Greaves who also played an important role in helping me kick my addiction.Mr. Greaves now operates an independent counseling body called Social Life Issues.“He taught us about thinking attitudes and other methods of curbing our desires, we had workshops and sessions that helped a lot.”Sheikh has been clean for more than five years now. He thanks God for his redeeming power and hopes that his story will help others make better choices or overcome whatever battles they may be facing.