爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 4413 ☼
註冊 2018-7-23
用戶註冊天數 2075
用戶失蹤天數 1851
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-9-27 07:47 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Lance HindsIf Guyana is going to participate fully in a 21st century environment using ICT as a pillar, there must be a specific set of initiatives that we must engage in order to achieve this goal.Lance HindsLet me give two examples of the challenge that we face and must overcome.In 2013 and 2014, I went to a series of ICT business expositions looking at the possibility of providing offshore support services out of Guyana. In one of the orientation sessions, a company from England expressed an initial interest in using our ICT support services. They however want 20 programmers and 15 data analysts available on a 24-hour basis on each eight-hour shift. The overall requirement therefore was for 105 persons. End of discussion.Another shock to the system was when I went to an Animation conference with some of my Caribbean colleagues. In a meeting with Sony Entertainment,NFL Jerseys From China, we were duly advised that while the idea of using animation studios in the Caribbean was attractive, they can get at least 500 animators per project requirement out of Korea and The Philippines. End of that discussion as well.I am not suggesting that we can match these numbers in the short term, but what is clear is that we will have to begin to train more people for these types of industries. I believe that the solution therefore is a comprehensive training programme that runs on two developmental planks.The first plank is via the existing and traditional education system. The Caribbean Examinations Council (CXC) continues to expand its offerings in ICT. The Information Technology curricula at CSEC and CAPE are far more streamlined,Cheap NFL Jerseys, courses like Digital Media have been added to CAPE, with Animation and Gaming scheduled to be offered in 2016.The challenge first of all is that there is a severe shortage of teachers within our education system who have the skills to teach this level of courses. This reduces the amount of candidates who can sit these exams. There must therefore be an initiative to prepare more teachers to teach information technology and related curriculum in the schools as a matter of primary importance.The Department of Computer Studies at the University of Guyana, although it has improved over the past few years, must receive additional support. Better software labs and equipment with configurations that reflect as much possible the modern workplace,Cheap Jerseys Store, are badly needed. I understand that the curriculum is under review. I look forward to the results.While I respect and support the view that students must be trained purely to be computer engineers and scientists that can work anywhere, I would certainly hope that some consideration be given to at least a series of electives that would highlight the implementation of business processes in general and within Guyana’s context in particular.Last, but not certainly not least, is the creation of an information technology-specific academic institution preferably built along the polytechnic model. This institution would concentrate on the development of students to be coders/programmers, network technicians and administrators who are not necessarily interested in pursuing the inclusive and rounded four-year degree programme at University. These students will become certified via the exams offered by global hardware and software training providers. The benefit of this is the provision of industry-ready professionals that can immediately begin to provide a range of mid-level services in what we hope to be a rapidly emerging industry in the coming years.The second plank is the development and implementation of a nationwide, community-based ICT training programme. The idea is to deliver a series of short training courses to residents particularly in rural, hinterland and economically-challenged communities. This can be done by the establishment of a number of tech hubs in the 10 regions over a manageable period.These tech hubs will first serve as training centres for teaching skills like computer familiarization, word and spreadsheet processing,Wholesale NHL Jerseys, data capture functions, graphic design at a bare minimum. Ideally the courses will be delivered over no more than a six-month period. This will mean that more people are trained for the new jobs and special projects that are going to need these kinds of skills.The long term vision for these tech hubs would be for them to then become business incubators and collaborative workspaces to foster innovation and entrepreneurship at the community level. It would play a significant role in ensuring that technology solutions can be home grown and we do not always have to depend for foreign intellectual inputs.For the record,<a href="http://www.cheapjersey