爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 3819 ☼
註冊 2018-7-5
用戶註冊天數 2125
用戶失蹤天數 1883
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-10-5 20:48 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– police insist that he was a thief, father believes son was murdered A young Tiger Bay resident who was shot on Saturday night on Main Street succumbed early yesterday morning at the Georgetown Hospital.But Oswald Andrews, the father of 19-year old Akeem Andrews, is calling on the Guyana Police Force to carry out a proper investigation, since he believes that his son was murdered.This is despite the police insisting that Andrews was one of two persons who had carried out an armed robbery.Dead: Akeem AndrewsPolice in a press statement said that they are investigating an armed robbery that occurred at about 22:10 hours on Saturday night at Main Street, during which one of the two perpetrators was fatally shot by a policeman who is also a licensed firearm holder.According to the police,Cheap NFL Jerseys, their investigations have revealed that Kwamina Whyte, 28 years of Timehri, East Bank Demerara and a female friend were sitting on a bench in the Avenue of Main Street when two men armed with knives confronted them.The men held them up and took away a cell phone and $6,000 from Whyte and a handbag containing $4,160 and documents from the female.A policeman, who is also a licensed firearm holder, was passing at the time and upon witnessing the robbery went to the assistance of the victims.The policeman was attacked by the two armed perpetrators causing him to resort to the use of force during which one of the men was shot to his left side forehead.The other managed to escape.The police said that the injured man who has been identified as Akeem Andrews, 19, of Rosemary Lane, (Tiger Bay) Georgetown,Cheap Stitched Jerseys, was taken to the hospital where he later died while receiving medical treatment.The knife he used during the incident and the handbag, which was stolen from the female victim, with its contents intact,Wholesale Jerseys, were recovered at the scene.However, several residents of the area want the police to examine all the facts surrounding the shooting since they alleged that the shooter had threatened to kill the young man on a previous occasion.Oswald Andrews related that two months ago his son had a problem with the policeman who is a former resident of the area and he is positive that his son’s death has a lot to do with that.“He always looking fuh me sons dem and at one time he lock dem up and carry dem to Brickdam Police Station. Me sons get loose and like he annoyed,” Oswald Andrews told this newspaper.He added that following the release of his sons, the policeman accompanied by some of his colleagues came to his house to re-arrest the youths but was prevented from doing so since one of the rank’s colleagues was related to his son’s foster mother.“He threaten that he gone kill me son and he did kill me son,” Andrews said.He said that from what he gathered, on Saturday night his son was riding from Leopold Street when a burgundy car, which appeared to be trailing him,Wholesale Authentic Jerseys, pulled up alongside.“A person tell me that he see me son and de policeman scuffling,” Andrews said.He told this newspaper that when he saw his son at the hospital,Wholesale China NFL Jerseys, there was what appeared to be a bullet hole in his forehead,NFL Jerseys Supply, his teeth were missing and his face appeared to have been battered.“When I see he, I know that he couldn’t mek it,” Oswald Andrews told this newspaper.Andrews’ claim was supported by other residents who told this newspaper that the cop has been coming into the area and terrorizing his former neighbours and the authorities should take steps to deal with his misconduct.