爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 2096
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-19 17:08 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– cites need for hygienic practices, aseptic techniquesThe credibility of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC) has been called into serious question by aOverseas-based Family Physician, Dr Lisa SinghUnited States-based doctor whose relative was attended to and subsequently died there.According to Family Physician, Lisa Singh, who practices medicine in the State of Minnesota,Cheap NFL Jerseys, the recent passing of her aunt was in fact the third of her relatives to pass away at the institution. What is especially troubling is that all three, prior to their demise, were diagnosed with sepsis.Sepsis is the presence of harmful bacteria and their toxins in the body tissues typically caused by the infection of a wound. This troubling development has led Dr Singh to believe that the hospital is lacking very needful hygienic and aseptic techniques which are required to prevent the spread of infection.“I would challenge anyone to do an audit on the deaths of patients and see how many are dying of sepsis and they will see what the cause is – the lack of hand washing and aseptic techniques.”Dr Singh, who migrated to the US some 22 years ago, disclosed during an interview with this publication that while the passing of one of her cousins at the beginning of this month was worrying she decided to travel home after learning that her aunt, Ms Evelyn Ramdai Carr, too, had become ill and was admitted at the GPHC. It was suspected that the aunt had developed Leptospirosis but was admitted in a critical condition to the Female Medical Ward suffering from sepsis.But according to Singh, “normally if you suspect sepsis you are supposed to do blood work, (check) procalcitonin level, lactate level…none of these were done. You absolutely have to draw blood cultures to see which bacteria you are going to treat definitely; of course you are going to start empirical treatment with an antibiotic”.She was also at a loss as to why her aunt’s critical condition did not prompt the medical workers to place her in the Intensive Care Unit.Of concern to her too was the fact that her aunt was not administered Intravenous (IV) Fluid which would have been a requirement for her condition. There was also need for a Foley catheter to accurately measure her urinary output, Dr Singh said.“She was not able to eat; she was not able to take her own medications…The very first day I got there I saw a cup with her antibiotics just sitting there. I approached the nurse and the nurse said it’s probably from the night shift…I was there at 12pm that day!” exclaimed a visibly upset Dr Singh.After further querying about her aunt’s care, Dr Singh said that she learnt that while IV antibiotic was ordered for her aunt, this was not made available. Efforts to contact the attending doctor (name withheld) that day was not possible. However the following day she said that she was not only unable to make contact with the attending doctor, but even the emergency doctor who initially attended to her aunt.“I asked about why the blood culture wasn’t drawn and he (the doctor) said that the machine was broken, so they couldn’t do it. I questioned about the IV fluids…he couldn’t answer me,” informed Dr Singh.According to Dr. Singh,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, she has since filed a complained with the Matron of the hospital and she was given assurance that the matter will be brought to the attention of Minister of Health, Dr George Norton.“I want to bring awareness to the public about the Georgetown Hospital practices; these are inappropriate. I don’t think they care about (some of) the people they are attending to. The nursing staff (in my opinion) is not well trained; they are rude and arrogant,Wholesale NFL Jerseys China,” asserted Dr Singh.Reiterating her concerns about the lack of aseptic techniques,” she added, “I saw this for myself. When a nurse was inserting the antibiotics fluids and I asked her ‘Are you going to swab (the port) with an alcohol?’ She said ‘no I am just going to push it there’…We are dealing with sepsis and then we are introducing more bacteria? How are these patients going to survive?”Her attempts to upbraid the nurse’s action were met with a rude response together with the assertion that “this is Guyana.”“I had to ask, who is Guyana? You (the nurse) are Guyana!” related Dr Singh as she disclosed that speaking to the Sister of the Unit did not help to appease the already daunting situation. “It was very unprofessional (the response),” Dr Singh added,NFL Jerseys China, as she related how nurses in the Unit were unwilling to give assistance when asked. “I said excuse me, they looked at me and then turned back to their social conversations…chatting on their cell phones, eat