爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2357
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-21 01:17 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
– Kissoon Group’s lawyers to take issue to courtAttorney General Charles Ramson ordered that the vehicles which were seized from CLICO (Guyana) be returned to the insurance firm, after deeming that their removal by a court marshal was “unlawful and devoid of any judicial authority.”But attorneys for the Kissoon Group of Companies stated yesterday that the vehicles were removed following a High Court order. The attorneys also said that they are preparing to take the matter to court.In the August 14 letter to Deputy Registrar (ag.) Rasheed Mohamed, Mr. Ramson, who is also Minister of Legal Affairs, stated that “it has come to my attention that, pursuant to your instructions, a Marshal of the Supreme Court proceeded to the premises of Clico Life and General Insurance…yesterday (last Thursday) and executed a levy in respect to a judgment granted by Justice W. Ramlall, not withstanding the objections of the manager of the company. Three vehicles were seized and taken into custodia legis.”“You are no doubt aware that all of the assets of the aforementioned company are subject to Judicial management, consequent to an order of the Honourable Chief Justice (ag.), and are therefore not exigible to execution unless upon his direct order. The acts of the Marshal are, therefore, unlawful and/or devoid of any judicial authority since the aforementioned order of the Honourable Chief?? Justice (ag.) was made.”“Consequently, as the Principal legal Advisor to the State, and the law officer who has responsibility for the wrongful acts of the Registrar and other public officers,Cheap NFL Jerseys Free Shipping, I am instructing you to return the aforesaid vehicles to the registered owner which is subject to a Judicial Management Order.“Failure to heed this instruction will result in such action against you as I may determine,Wholesale NFL China Jerseys,” Ramson concluded.There was some initial confusion as to who had ordered the vehicles to be returned to CLICO,Wholesale Jerseys USA, and attorneys for the Kissoon Group of Companies had stated that they were in the dark on the issue.This had led to Senior Counsel Rex Mc Kay, who is representing the Kissoon Group, writing to Deputy Registrar Mohamed on Tuesday for clarification.In his letter to the Deputy Registrar,Wholesale China Jerseys, Mc Kay stated that “on Thursday 13 August, 2009,Cheap NFL Shop, a Marshal of the High Court acting on a Writ of Execution issued by the registrar of the High Court on the 4th December 2008 levied on and took into execution three vehicles owned by CLICO, the judgment debtor. The said vehicles were lodged in the High Court compound…pending sale at execution.”On Monday 17th August,China Jerseys Online, 2009, the said vehicles were removed from the High Court compound. My client instructs me that it did not consent to the said vehicles being removed…”“I am writing therefore to enquire whether the said vehicles were removed by an Order of Court made by a Judge of the High Court of the Supreme Court of Guyana insomuch as “no one has aright to interfere with them in any way except by virtue of an Order of Court.”“Your urgent reply will be appreciated. However, should you not make a timely response to my inquiry, I will regard the removal of the vehicles as unauthorized and advise my client to institute such legal proceedings as are necessary.”On Thursday last, acting on a High Court order, a court marshal had descended on CLICO’s Camp Street compound and had the vehicles hauled away.This occurred after the High Court had agreed to an order to levy on the vehicles, because CLICO had failed to honour some $9M in insurance claims to the Kissoon Group after a fire razed the Park Hotel in Main Street in 2001.But at around 11:00 hrs on Monday, the seized vehicles were removed by tow-truck from the High Court compound and returned to CLICO’s Camp Street compound.