爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 2096
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-27 14:46 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Family members of Asif Rahim Khatoon, the 38-year-old fisherman of Meten-Meer-Zorg,Air Max 97 Buy Online,The late Asif Rahim Khatoon’s eight-year-old daughter at the protest yesterdayWest Coast Demerara who reportedly died at the hands of the police, yesterday braved the rain and staged a protest in front the Leonora Police Station, calling for justice to be served.The fisherman was allegedly beaten by ranks while incarcerated at the Leonora Police Station. He subsequently died on Thursday, last. Khatoon was taken into custody for allegedly assaulting his wife while under the influence of alcohol.Two Constables from the Leonora Police Station are currently under close arrest as investigations continue and according to his family, a post mortem examination is expected to be conducted?tomorrow (December 1).Khatoon’s wife,Wholesale China Jerseys, Sursattie Chandrapaul,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, three daughters (aged 19, 17 and 8) and 14-year-old son were at the forefront of the protest yesterday. Holding up placards which stated “stop police brutality” and “I want justice for my father,” his family, along with a number of students and other villagers shouted “we want justice!” as they stood in the rain outside the Police Station.Some police ranks, who stood at the door of the station looking at the protest, were observed taking photos of the crowd.Chandrapaul told the media that she is now left to take care of her four children by herself since Rahim was the sole breadwinner of her family.“I want justice for my husband and I want everybody to look into this matter…They not suppose toProtesters in front of the Leonora Police Station.kill my husband, he was not a criminal. I don’t think my husband deserve this. I don’t think a human being should be treated like this. Now I left with my four children and I don’t know who will support me,” the woman said as she fought to hold back tears.Chandrapaul described her husband as a hard working man. “I didn’t tell them to beat him. Them nah supposed to do this. This is nonsense going on in this country.”The woman refuted claims that her husband was beaten by a prisoner. She said “he keep telling me is the police beat him; none other than the police.”The protesters also shouted “arrest them and charge them, let the Magistrate deal with them, stop police brutality!” The crowd chanted “ayo burn a lil boy on he genitals the other day! We want justice! Jail all of them who kill he (Khatoon)!”The protesters charged the police to put an end to brutality. Also on the scene was social activist, Mark Benschop.On Thursday, police stated that Khatoon was arrested at around 00:25 hrs on Saturday,Air Max 90 Black Leather, November 22; last, following investigations into a report that he had assaulted his reputed wife.“During efforts to arrest him, Asif Rahim Khatoon resisted, but was eventually subdued and taken to the Leonora Police Station. At the station he made no complaints against the arresting ranks and was kept on the bench handcuffed to another man in custody whom he later reported had allegedly assaulted him,” the release stated.“Asif was taken to the Parika Police Station later that Saturday where he was kept in the lockups. He was charged with assault and brought to the Leonora Police Station on Monday November 24, 2014, to attend the Magistrate’s Court.”The release stated that while at the station the prisoner’s reputed wife reported that he was beaten by the police and as a consequence,NFL Jerseys For Sale, he was taken to the Leonora Cottage Hospital where he was referred to the West Demerara Hospital.The matter is now being investigated by the Police Office of Professional Responsibility.Khatoon died at his home at around 13.00 hrs on Thursday, five days after he was allegedly beaten. He was briefly hospitalised at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC), allegedly with a broken jaw and multiple contusions.His wife recalled that her husband was arrested two Friday nights ago after he came home drunk and began to curse her. She said that although she had not called the police, a party of five “black clothes” ranks arrived, handcuffed her husband and placed him to lie in the back of the police van.The woman claimed that at one point,Cheap Jerseys, her husband attempted to sit up but one of the policemen “tek one of the long gun and stomp he on he back”. Contrary to the police release, the woman denied that her husband had resisted arrest.Chandrapaul said that when she visited her husband at the station the following day, she found him in a battered state, with his face badly swollen.