爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-11-30 23:03 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
President Donald RamotarI am proud to celebrate “International Women’s Day 20153? and the many accomplishments of the women of Guyana. Few countries in the world can boast of a former female President, Vice President, Chief Justice and a Chancellor of the Judiciary, and first female Judge at the Caribbean Court of Justice. ( Our nation has a rich history of strong women, who have helped shape Guyana.These women, who have come from all races, political parties and regions of this country show what we as one nation can accomplish, if we work together.Today, we remember Kowsilla (Alice), who was killed, while struggling for better wages for women.?We remember the struggle for Universal Adult Suffrage, and the women who led the fight. Let us not forget Janet Jagan, who fought for the development of women in our society and their empowerment.( We proudly recognise the contributions of tens of thousands of Guyanese women, who are our caregivers, who make our villages safer and our families stronger.I am proud of my administration’s efforts and my commitment to ensuring that there be gender equality for all women in Guyana. Asking Ambassador Elisabeth Harper to run with me and serve as Prime Minister is a testament to my continued commitment and the PPP/C’s commitment to further our efforts, at addressing issues impacting Guyana’s women. Our laws, regarding equality for women and protection for women against violence and discrimination have been internationally recognised. We have created an environment, where single parent women can thrive in small businesses, through a micro credit programme called WOW, Women of Worth. We are pleased that we have expanded legal aid services, where now, women in most regions of the country, can have access to justice. Today, Guyana has attained gender parity in education at our schools.Women have achieved equity in professional life.I will continue my strong commitment to eradicating domestic violence.?Domestic violence and sexual abuse of women and girls in our country are major impediments towards attaining higher development for Guyana. Under the PPP/C government, there are strong domestic and sexual abuse laws to protect women and girls. One of the reasons that I chose Lis Harper to be my Prime Ministerial candidate is that I believe that we need to redouble our efforts in tackling this scourge on our society.? I hoped, by highlighting her own personal story, detailing her own abuse, more women will have the courage to step up and say something.? And by making it a focal point of her campaign and her work over the next five years, we can shine a light and begin to eradicate this scourge from our society.International Women’s Day is a day for celebration throughout Guyana, and a day to recognise all that women have done, to create a stronger, safer and stable Guyana.? But we also must use this day to remember all that we still must do, to build on the advances Guyana has made for equality for all women. The path to equality for all never ends, and we have travelled far up the path, but I promise, that we as a nation, will never stop moving forward on that path.…….First Lady,Laurent Koscielny Arsenal Jersey UK, Deolatchmee RamotarI wish to join with the women all around the world but especially those in Guyana who are today celebrating yet another International Women’s Day.Over the past century, women have continued to make strides in all facets of human endeavour and in most countries of the world. Guyana is no exception to this trend.Guyanese women continue to elevate and distinguish themselves in our country’s political, social and economic life. They continue to make an immeasurable and invaluable contribution both in and outside of the home.?? I extend best wishes to these heroines and I hope that on this day that due recognition would be given to their efforts.I am however mindful of the fact that despite the impressive gains made by women internationally and locally there remains many challenges that hinder the potential and full development of women and the safeguarding of their dignity.? It is my hope that on this International Women’s Day there would be a dispassionate examination of these challenges which confront women in their quest for greater equality and respect in society. I believe that such an examination will help to highlight the many hurdles that women face and will allow for? more focused and nuanced strategies to be developed so to help our women overcome the obstacles they face.As we therefore celebrate the tremendous strides made by our women, as we hail their bravery and courage, as we celebrate their achievements and respect their choices, let us also recognize that there remains much work to be done in the advancement of equal rights and increased dignity for our women.On this special day dedicated to the women of the world, let us join hands in saluting their ach