爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2065
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-11 05:13 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Dr. Zulfikar BuxAssistant Professor of Emergency MedicineThe common cold as it is named is a very common illness that has its seasonal peaks and affects almost everyone at some point. As common as it is, not a lot is known about it by many and persons often choose to wait out the course of the illness which does not always go as planned. Today we will share some commonly asked questions about the common cold and help to shed some light on this condition.What causes cough, runny nose,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, and other symptoms of the common cold?These symptoms are usually caused by a viral infection. Lots of viruses can take hold inside your nose, mouth, throat, or lungs, and cause cold symptoms.Most people get over a cold without lasting problems. Even so, having a cold can be uncomfortable. And if your child has a cold, it can be hard to know when the symptoms call for a trip to the doctor.What are the symptoms of the common cold?SneezingCoughingSniffling and runny noseSore throatChest congestionIn children, the common cold can also cause a fever. But adults do not usually get a fever when they have a cold.When should I call the doctor?Most people who have a cold do not need to see the doctor or nurse. But you should call your doctor or nurse if you have:A fever of more than 100.4? F (38? C) that comes with shaking chills,Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys, loss of appetite, or trouble breathingA fever and also have lung disease, such as emphysemaA cough that lasts longer than 10 daysChest pain when you cough, trouble breathing,Cheap NFL Jerseys, or coughing up bloodIf you are older than 75, you should also call your doctor or nurse any time you get a long-lasting cough.Take your child to the Doctor if he or she:Becomes confused or stops responding to youHas trouble breathing or has to work hard to breatheRefuses to drink anything for a long timeIs younger than three monthsHas a fever and is not acting like him or herselfHas a stuffed or runny nose that gets worse or does not get better after two weeksHas red eyes or yellow goop coming out of his or her eyesHas ear pain, pulls at his or her ears, or shows other signs of having an ear infectionWhat can I do to feel better?If you are an adult, you can try cough and cold medicines that you can get without a prescription. These medicines might help with your symptoms. But they won’t cure your cold, or help you get well faster.If you decide to try nonprescription cold medicines, be sure to follow the directions on the label. Do not combine two or more medicines that have?panadol /acetaminophen?in them. If you take too much panadol/acetaminophen, the drug can damage your liver. Also, if you have a heart condition, or you take prescription medicines, ask your pharmacist if it is safe to take the cold medicine you have in mind.What should I know if my child has a cold?In children,Cheap NHL Adidas Jerseys, the common cold is often more severe than it is in adults. It also lasts longer. Plus, children often get a fever during the first three days of a cold.Are cough and cold medicines safe for children?If your child is younger than six, you should avoid giving him or her any cold medicines. These medicines are generally not safe for young children and should be prescribed by a doctor if needed. Even if your child is older than six,Houston Cougars Jerseys, cough and cold medicines are unlikely to help.Never give?aspirin?to any child younger than 18 years old. In children, aspirin can cause a life-threatening condition called Reye syndrome. When giving your child nonprescription medicines,Cheap NFL Jerseys China, never give more than the recommended dose.How long will I be sick?Colds usually last three to seven days in adults and 10 days in children, but some people have symptoms for up to two weeks.Can the common cold lead to more serious problems?This can occur in a limited amount of cases. In some people having a cold can lead toneumonia or bronchitis (infections of the lungs)Ear infections (in children)Other infectionsHow can I keep from getting another cold?The most important thing you can do is to wash your hands often with soap and water. Alcohol hand rubs work well, too. The germs that cause the common cold can live on tables, door handles, and other surfaces for at least two hours. You never know when you might be touching germs. That’s why it’s so important to clean your hands often.