爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2388
用戶失蹤天數 2096
狀態 離線
發表於 2017-12-14 11:35 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Mondale SmithGuyana-born, Canada-based aspiring designer Roell Gomes is chasing his dream of being one of the best in his field someday, and all being equal,Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping, he may just be on the right road.Roell Gomes putting the winning snow queen costume pieces together.At age 27, with his eyes firmly set on the prize, at present he is on his second year of learning the craft professionally at the George Brown College, Toronto, Canada, where he is already turning heads with his handiwork.Recently, Roell and two other designers, Shaoquin Guo and Jin Kim, represented the college at a fashion design competition in Toronto dubbed ‘Creative catwalk’ and won.“It was an amazing experience. We had three days to conceptualize,Cheap NFL Jerseys, make a reality and send an outfit down the runway and everything had to be done at the place,” the youngster from Mabaruma, region one, said of the competition held between four colleges.The theme of the design competition was ‘Winter Wonderland’ and Gomes’ team concept was ‘the Queen of Winter’ for the event which was held at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre.Born to Wavell and Yvonne Gomes, a father and mother who made their living as a Tailor and a seamstress, it is but little wonder that Roell seems bent on headed in the direction of fashion and designing.However,China NFL Jerseys, Roell’s interest in designing and sewing were sparked during his shy days in high school.? Self-taught mostly from looking at his parents’ handiwork,wholesale nfl jerseys, he said they never forced him into the career path that he has chosen. In fact it all started in the baggy pants era of his schoolboy days.“At present I’m super excited about one day flying the Golden Arrowhead ultimately through my creations on the runways of Milan and Paris and all other fashion capitals.”He said when baggy pants came out his father never wanted to see them, because he is the kindA Roell Gomes creationof person who believes in rules.“So I started sewing my own baggy pants and since then I’m fascinated by shapes, designs and bringing a piece of cloth into what I want.”Roell’s parents are often amazed by all the things he could do and oftentimes he used to help his mom with the more complicated stuff when she got to sewing.As a small scale designer with a focus on the big leagues Roell creates one-of-a-kind pieces for choice customers in Guyana and Canada.Gomes says he has shaken off the shy guy personality he once possessed, and has gotten to the stage of confidently representing Guyana’s fashion industry. He has become well aware of the quality of pieces designers send down the runway,Cheap Jerseys USA, and what it will take to see continued and rapid growth.Expressing admiration for how fashion has evolved over the years and how accepting people are for certain trends, he said this is what played a great part, and has impacted the industry so positively.Noting that every year there are at least three international pageants of which contestants have to acquire a new and often costly wardrobe, he offered some ideas for the development of the local industry and guaranteed benefit of the designers.“There are, let’s say ten good designers in Guyana, and if a challenge is put forward to them to design/create a wardrobe for those representing us at the various pageants, they will be moreGomes (right) with his colleagues Shaoquin Guo and Jin Kim pose with their successful entry.than happy to be involved.”He is of the opinion that a couple months before any of our beauties leave the local shores, the various designers should have a grand showing of their mini collections. The pieces of the winning designer should then be chosen for the respective beauty queens’ wardrobes,Cheap Jerseys From China, and the designer should receive a meaningful cash prize.“This will give designers exposure on the international stage and build the local fashion industry as well. It will also build a competitive spirit in designers which will force them to think outside the box.”