爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2390
用戶失蹤天數 2097
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-1-20 15:05 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Local singing sensation Tennisia De Freitas and the Buxton Fusion Group were yesterday presented with awards from the Guyana Cultural Association, a New York-based,Cheap Soccer Jerseys Free Shipping, non-profit organisation.Tennisia De Freitas accepts her award from Culture Minister Frank Anthony. At far left Edgar Henry of the Guyana Cultural Association looks on. Also in photo is local coordinator Margaret Lawrence. The singer and the group were nominated for their individual accolades as part of the entity’s annual celebration.However the presentation ceremony was held in the United States of America, and De Freitas and a representative from the Buxton Fusion Group, could not attend.De Freitas in an interview with this newspaper said she was unable to attend the event because she was denied a visa. The young lady said she was a bit disappointed.“When I heard I was nominated I was excited but I knew applying to the embassy for a visa there was no guarantee that I would get through”.Nevertheless,Cheap NFL Jerseys Supply, De Freitas and the Buxton Fusion Group representative were presented with their awards by Minister of Culture, Youth and Sport Dr. Frank Anthony and Mr. Edgar Henry, of the Guyana Cultural Association.The Buxton group was recognized for their contribution to youth development in music in the village of Buxton and surrounding communities, while De Freitas was acknowledged for her music which targets the younger society,NFL Jerseys China, particularly with messages addressing social issues.Henry,Cheap Jerseys From China, in his remarks, said that for the past nine years the Guyana Cultural Association has been holding the event, and this year, five days of activities were held under the theme ‘Diversity in our Villages Harmony in our Culture’.He noted too that while attempting to select the awardees they did not only focus on their contributions toward maintaining culture,Jerseys NFL Wholesale, but a number of other aspects, including academics.In addition, Minister Anthony lauded the efforts of the Association,Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping, noting that the entity over the years has played a tremendous role in keeping Guyanese culture alive in the United States. He added that the Ministry would continue to support the group in whatever way possible.