爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2386
用戶失蹤天數 2094
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-14 15:42 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Romila BoodramIt is no secret that being inflicted with cancer could result in a long and hard battle, and leave an indelible impression on the patient and everyone close to that person.A nurse at the GPHC’s Oncology department attending to ShellyFor many it is the worst possible news- knowing that you could die at anytime.Telling an adult, he or she has been diagnosed with cancer, is like “a judge giving someone the death sentence.”According to one medical practitioner at the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC), by only saying, “Sir or Madam, you have ca…!” can cause some patients to faint.With this in mind, imagine having to explain to young children, who may not have even heard of cancer before, that they have the dreaded disease.But at age 11, when many would have been starting a new chapter in their life, Shelly Debyden’s life fell apart.The Port Kaituma, Region One resident was diagnosed with ovarian cancer and it was at stage-two heading to stage three.This type of cancer begins in the ovaries. Women have two ovaries, one on each side of the uterus in the pelvis.The ovaries produce eggs. They are also the main source of a woman’s female hormones, estrogen and progesterone. The eggs travel through the fallopian tubes to the uterus. Here they may be fertilized by and developed into a fetus after sexual intercourse.Four months ago, little Shelly underwent surgery at GPHC to remove one of her ovaries. At present she is taking chemotherapy.“The doctors said that they take out one of the ovaries and they are trying to save the uterus so when she is ready to conceive, she won’t have any difficulties,” the child’s grandmother, Celestine DeFreitas explained.As of early last year, Shelly was a normal child. She would do chores to help her mother and four siblings. She attended the Port Kaituma Primary School and had many friends who she would talk and joke with.When she was at home, she was mischievous and troublesome. In her spare time,Cheap Air Max Tn Shoes, she played games with her siblings and friends in the neighbourhood. But in August 2014, her life took an unexpected turn.The little girl’s grandmother,nfl jerseys china, Celestine DeFreitasShe went home one day and complained of experiencing severe abdominal pain but her mother thought that it was because she was “jumping around” with her friends earlier in the day.After the pain continued, Shelly was taken to the Port Kaituma Hospital. However, because the hospital is not equipped with the relevant medical personnel and equipment to do proper diagnoses, she was given regular panadol to ease the pain.A few weeks later when the pills finished, little Shelly was again rushed to the hospital.There she met with another medical officer, who after examining her notified her mother that Shelly has a lump in her abdomen.She was later rushed to the GPHC where she did an ultrasound and several other tests. It was later confirmed that little Shelly was battling with stage two ovarian cancer. The cancer was heading to stage three.For most people with cancer, their life changes dramatically. Going through tests, doctor’s appointments and treatment will become part of their daily life- this has also become part of Shelly’s daily life.During an interview at the hospital Friday, the brave 11-year-old told this newspaper, “I am doing really well right now. I feel better than before.”Her grandmother, with a smile on her face, said Shelly dealt with her sickness like a mature person.“She tells people how she feels and she tells them about her experience. She is not someone who is scared and who would be crying all the time. There is always a smile on her face. You could never tell that she has cancer,” her maternal grandmother said.She recalled that in August 2014,Cheap Air Max 90 Men Shoes, her daughter (Shelly’s mother) called from Port Kaituma and informed her that Shelly was being transferred to GPHC.“I asked her (Shelly’s mother) what happened but she said that she doesn’t know. When Shelly reached here (GPHC) and I went to the hospital, after all the tests were done,Jerseys From China, the doctor told me that she has cancer,” the grandmother recalled.She added that the doctor then asked her permission to have Shelly undergo immediate surgery to remove the infected ovary before the cancer cell spreads.“She (Shelly) didn’t know what was going on until the doctor come and tell me that he don’t think Shelly knows what is going on and I ask him if he could tell her and he said that he would,” DeFreitas recalled.According to Shelly,Wholesale NFL Jerseys, when she was informed that she has cancer, she had no idea what cancer was at the time.“When they first did the ultra-sound, they said