爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-16 22:29 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
…as abused husband reports domestic violence‘She beat meh and de police beat meh too…wha I gun do now?’ Leslie Horatio laments his plight.A West Demerara speedboat operator is now convinced that the police only see one side of domestic violence following his treatment by ranks at the Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station yesterday.Leslie Horatio went to the station to report an altercation between himself and his reputed wife but instead of taking his report, the police dumped him in the lock-ups and beat him.The young man however managed to bolt through the open door of the lock ups and made his way to the Divisional Headquarters at Leonora where he reported the beating.Horatio believes that the police used historical evidence to maltreat him.Over the years, Horatio has been detained by the police every time his reputed wife reported that he beat her.But yesterday it was Horatio’s turn to report his wife’s violence against him. Instead of the police treating it in the same manner as they had done before, they made the young man feel as if he was the perpetrator.Horatio described his relationship with his reputed wife as stormy, ever since he took her into his home with her four children.He said that the woman would leave the house at nights and return in the mornings and whenever he chided her about her behaviour,Wholesale Jerseys From China, the situation would always end in violence.He recalled that on one of these occasions he was stabbed several times, and although the woman was detained,NFL Jerseys Outlet, Horatio declined to give evidence against her.He admitted that he would get the upper hand of his reputed wife on some of these occasions.However, on Sunday night the woman again left the home and returned yesterday morning. “I was brushing me teeth and I see she coming with a Malta bottle in she hand. I done smell de alcohol pon she breadth and I ask she is wha really she doing,” Horatio recalled. The woman reportedly became abusive and the couple ended up in a scuffle in their house.But wary that if he should harm the woman in any way, the police will arrest him,Nike Air Max Tn Shoes For Men Sale, Horatio said that he restrained himself.“I know when she go at de station,Wholesale Jerseys China, I does can’t get fuh wuk. I gat fuh deh running all de time hiding from de police. They does lock me up; they don’t want fuh hear nothing. So before she go, I went to de station,” Horatio explained.According to the speedboat operator, when he arrived at the Vreed-en-Hoop Police Station, he first encountered a female officer and upon stating his business for being there, the woman promptly told him to sit on the ‘bench’.When Horatio enquired why he was being detained, he was accused of being disorderly.It was then that a male rank, who knew the history of Horatio’s problems with his reputed wife, intervened.“He hear I talking to the (police) woman and he pick me up. He tell me like I want fuh give police trouble and start fuh slap me up. He open de lock-up door and force me inside,” Horatio related.He said he made a few snide remarks about the cop who had assaulted him and the rank returned and dealt him a few more blows.But this time Horatio could take it no longer and started to defend himself.He said that he was getting the upper hand of the cop when another policeman entered the lock-ups and began to kick and cuff him so that his colleague could be rescued.Realizing that he was outmanned,Wholesale Jerseys, Horatio bolted through the door of the lock-ups, which was left open and ran out of the compound.He claimed that none of the ranks at the station attempted to stop him.“De Station Sergeant been pon de phone and he hear all de commotion in de lock-ups and he ain’t come fuh check and see wha happening,Cheap Jerseys From China,” Horatio observed.He later went to the Leonora Police Station where he reported the matter to a senior police official who instructed him to give a detailed statement of what transpired before sending him for a medical check up at the West Demerara Regional Hospital.This newspaper contacted the Vreed-en Hoop Police station and a female rank indicated that the officer who was dealing with the matter was unavailable.Kaieteur News also contacted a senior police officer at Police Headquarters, Eve Leary and he almost assured that Horatio would not face any charges with regards to the incident.Strangely, Horatio is not so mad at his wife but is livid with the police for the course of action they took in the matter.Many observers are of the view that the police are biased in favour of women in the issue of domestic violence and most males feel embarrassed when th