爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2358
用戶失蹤天數 2066
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-17 23:41 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
Impending Styrofoam ban…By Kristen MacklingamSome wholesalers and retailers of Styrofoam items have expressed concern about the impending Government ban on the importation of these products.They are suggesting that government should place a restriction, rather than an all-out ban.One food vendor has already packed meals for the day inside Styrofoam containers.The lament is coming from some Regent Street businessmen who retail Styrofoam boxes on a large scale to caterers, restaurants and food stall owners.They see such a move as “unnecessary” and a threat to their livelihood since this is what their businesses mainly sell.“Me and my brother started as a little store selling food boxes,http://www.soccerpro.us.com/Arsenal-FC/, Styrofoam things and other items that caterers would use and we slowly became well known for this. All the cups, spoons and more we would sell for years and now this is what our business is based on. So telling me that there will be a ban means that I either got to find a new set of things to sell and suffer losses because I don’t know how I will do with other things or it means that our business is done with,Wholesale China Jerseys,” said the concerned man.He insisted that while he agrees that there needs to be mechanisms put in place to tackle health issues and waste disposal, there should not be any banning of Styrofoam items but some “restrictions” in the near future.“Yes I know these things are causing problems but they (Government) need to find other alternatives and not totally ban these things because all the while we got accustomed to the items and they do good and are used a lot by many people. If they were more strict on their “no littering” laws and such then half of the problem would be tackled. The Government should come up with something else like some restrictions but not full outright banning.”Another woman who owns a store that sells party items told Kaieteur News that she would have to shut down her business if Styrofoam items are banned.“My whole business depends on these things to sell because when you got a party it easy and better to put things in Styrofoam boxes and such and put in the fridge. It is more convenient especially when you on the go or have to rush with food but when they saying they will soon ban these things then that means I got to close my business and it isn’t fair to me and others. As businessmen and women we need to sell things that the public wants and buys and they truly depend on a lot of these,Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China,” stated the woman.She continued to explain that while she understands the route that Government wishes to pursue it was not necessary to ban these products.“They don’t have to ban Styrofoam and such products…all they need to ensure is that people know not to misuse or overuse them. I mean, some people talking how you can get cancer from them but smoking and alcohol isn’t good for you yet they are still being sold. I think that once you overuse it and misuse it then you stand to suffer but people should monitor how they use such items and what they do with them after,China Adidas Hockey Jerseys,” the young woman added.Meanwhile, small scale vendors and owners of food snackettes in central Georgetown are not so bothered about the banning of Styrofoam products.In fact, they told this newspaper that should such a decision be taken they can “adjust” to the necessary changes even if it means returning to selling in cardboard food boxes.A food vendor in the Bourda Market on Saturday stated that many years ago she would sell her food and snacks in such boxes.This was many years ago before Styrofoam became so popular.“I remember having to buy greaseproof paper and putting it in those boxes that we used to sell food in and then putting the food inside of the boxes. It really doesn’t make a difference to me and I don’t think to most of us food vendors about whether we got to use Styrofoam or not. So whatever is decided we can live with,Wholesale NFL Jerseys,” the woman declared.Another man said that he thinks such a move by Government is one in the right direction.According to him, the country survived many years without the use or introduction of Styrofoam products and can still function without these items.“I do believe that with less of these products it would be better especially since people have a harder time disposing of these items and they are now posing cancer threats to us all. Too many school children don’t bring home cooked food and buy a set of junk in these boxes and throw them all over.Now they are being exposed to things that can give them cancer without even being much aware of these things but we can do away with them (Styrofoam) and b