爱心值 0 ♡
活跃度 36394 ☼
註冊 2017-10-13
用戶註冊天數 2379
用戶失蹤天數 2087
狀態 離線
發表於 2018-2-20 16:28 
分享  私人訊息  頂部
By Harold A. BascomI hope to revolutionize how the world sees robots and how robots work in general. In the future, no matter how far that might be, I would like to be the one to further develop on Nano-robotics, maybe even find some means to implement it into the medical field as a cure for or even the prevention of viruses. Hopefully by then seeing more and more robots would be the norm in society, so there isn’t a large incongruity between society and using robots as a part of any medical treatment.Excerpt from a college essay, by Roshique Jones.Very often we come across Facebook postings by proud Guyanese parents on the achievements of a son or a daughter who was accepted by esteemed schools and colleges—about a child’s winning of prestigious scholarships to prestigious schools. Many of us as parents, also, read them with swelling hearts or regretful hearts—a lot depending on how good our own are doing or have done. We ‘like’ anyway; it is the decent thing to do. But not all parents of high academic achievers are the same; some are modest and shy away from, as one calls it, ‘boasting’ about their children; and if they do decide to post an academic achievement of one of their children, it seems they do so, halfheartedly. This I understand.Roshique Shemar JonesTwo of Roshique’s awardsThere are many Guyanese who have held onto, and continue to holdto the belief that ‘self-praise’ is no recommendation. I believe, however, that you have to blow your own trumpet since it’s hardly likely that someone else will blow it for you. And let’s face it, the more we post the academic achievements and successes of our young people,the greater the chances that other young, not so motivated, will push themselves to achieve also. So today, it is my pleasure to introduce to my readers, a quiet achiever from the U.S State of Georgia; a humble 18-year old student of Guyanese parentage, who,Air Max 97 For Sale Australia, though unassuming in his deportment, is a quiet achiever, brilliant in a modest way. Dear reader, please meet Roshique Shemar Jones.Roshique, having applied to eleven universities, was accepted to ten of them. (As of this writing, he is being wait-listed on one.) He has even received a scholarship from an ivy league college that he didn’t even apply to. So, what is it to this Guyanese teenager who, though resident in the United States of America, hails from Guyana, South America? In two words: He’s bright. Roshique Jones is a ‘straight A’ honors roll student, and member of his High School’s Robotics Team that just won their division title. He’s also a finalist in the Gates Millennium Scholarship, and will be studying for a dual degree in Engineering with a concentration on Mechatronics and a degree in Animation.But what does Roshique say about himself and his aspirations? Asked about how he has been able to adapt to his North American home,Wholesale NFL Jerseys 2018, after arriving here at the age of 14, young Jones said: “I have been able to adapt quickly and efficiently to my environment.? This is evident in attending three High Schools in three different countries and still being able to maintain an overall A – B average.? I placed in the top 100 in the Trinidad and Tobago Secondary School Achievement Examination out of a total of 35,000. I have always been in the top 10% of my class at all the schools I attended.”Roshique Jones is a seemingly withdrawn youth. His cool personality, however, contradicts his passion as his focus as a student: “I am on my school’s Robotic Team,” he went on to explain, “and my leadership abilities have effectively helped me in working as a team and handling multiple tasks. I am a quick study, learning new skills quickly and applying them successfully,Cheap Jerseys For Sale, through both the use of initiative and the ability to understand instructions. I am also a S.T.E.M Ambassador for my high school.” And before I could have asked what the hell the acronym meant, Roshique smiled and told me: “Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.”The following is a little interview that I did with Roshique Jones. He was hesitant in his modesty, but on me insisting he opened up. “My education?? 2002 to2008: Exchange Presbyterian Primary School—Trinidad and Tobago; 2009 t0 2010: Miracle Ministries High School—Trinidad and Tobago …2010 to 2012: St. Joseph’s High school, Guyana. And now here in Georgia: Meadow Creek High School—that was from 2013 to present.”“I made the Honors Roll in 2010, 2013, 2014 and 2015. In August and November of 2014, I was the Meadowcreek High School ‘Mustang of the Month’; and again in February, 2015. What else? Oh yes,Air Max 90 Black And White For Sale, I was part of the school’s ‘A’ Team,<a href="http://www.wholesalejerseyscheapshop.us